HTC smartwatch plans said to have been axed

StingBull

htc-watch.jpg

True HTC fans were saving all their love and money for the rumored Android Wear device the Taiwanese manufacturer was said to launch. Everything was looking great, with leaked images and even an appearance in an official video in the archives. Then the latest rumor dropped the bad news on us like a cracking slap in the face.

Sources “familiar with the matter” say the renown manufacturer was getting ready to launch a smartwatch, but such plans have been canceled (at least temporarily). The reasons for this possible decision are unknown. These sources have no confirmation either, but it’s believed it could be related to “rising costs and a lack of wow factor”.

Good on them. Unless they can come with something revolutionary they shouldn't get in on the smartwatch game or they will just lose money. HTC isn't exactly the most stable company in the Android world so they can't afford to lose money on useless projects like Samsung can.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-smartwatch-killed-522030/

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

well by the looks of the picture it was going to have a metal bracelet and i think only the peble steel has a metal bracelet. IMO that is pretty good selling point it also looks really good there, but thats assuming of course that the picture is real.

well by the looks of the picture it was going to have a metal bracelet and i think only the peble steel has a metal bracelet. IMO that is pretty good selling point it also looks really good there, but thats assuming of course that the picture is real.

Personally I prefer the looks of Moto360 even if it doesn't have a metal bracelet. This one looks bland.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Personally I prefer the looks of Moto360 even if it doesn't have a metal bracelet. This one looks bland.

i guess its up to everyones individual tastes. me personally i like to have many watches that are different in style and all have reasons why i chose them