[Massdrop] - Ducky Shine 3 Gold Edition with Ducky Wrist Rest $219.99 w/ free shipping!

IBIubbleTea

swag_dance.gif

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

But is it rgb?

No :(

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

But is it rgb?

I really don't see the appeal of the RGB keyboards other than "lol luk mah keybord can change colurs :D"

If it's more about finding a keyboard with appropriate switches and lighting that you want, then I'd understand completely.

I really don't see the appeal of the RGB keyboards other than "lol luk mah keybord can change colurs :D"

If it's more about finding a keyboard with appropriate switches and lighting that you want, then I'd understand completely.

It's just for the Swawgs. I'm happy with white LEDs lol. 

Well, I wish keyboards were made to order. i.e. I want brown switches with red lighting. Usually red lighting goes with red switches and white lighting goes to brown switches (usually). 

So RGB removes that limitation and means you can just buy the keyboard without worrying about that. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well, I wish keyboards were made to order. i.e. I want brown switches with red lighting. Usually red lighting goes with red switches and white lighting goes to brown switches (usually). 

Meh, RGB still isn't worth the extra money :S 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Meh, RGB still isn't worth the extra money :S 

I don't think it costs significantly more to have it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't think it costs significantly more to have it.

$170 vs. $110 on the K70

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

$170 vs. $110 on the K70

I'd attribute that more to markup personally. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am.

† Christian Member †

I'd attribute that more to markup personally. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am.

I don't disagree....but that doesn't change the fact that it costs ME significantly more. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't disagree....but that doesn't change the fact that it costs ME significantly more. 

$60 for almost 17 million color combinations. That's not too bad. Although if the lights keep dying then yeah $60 extra is too much because the keyboard shouldn't sell for more than $60 total with dead lights. 

Looks horrible. And I already have my beloved Shine 3. I could sleep with it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have an absolutely appropriate reason for wanting a lit keyboard... A) I type a lot in the dark and it's nice being able to see the keys. 2) I game in the dark and sometimes lose my WSAD place, it's nice to be able to sense the light and quickly know where my hand should go. C) I think the effects of the keys splashing as you type is amazingly cool and 4) It's a novelty that, to me, is a pretty cool accent to your set up.

Looks horrible. And I already have my beloved Shine 3. I could sleep with it. 

The gold does indeed look horrible. I was so close to buying a ducky shine 3. I started liking the K70 Vengence because of the textured WSAD and 1-6 keys (see my reasoning for liking the texture/lighting above) That's when I heard about the RGB and it became my defacto perfect keyboard (although I'd still like the textured keys and wish they were included.)

The way you feel about your shine 3 is the way I hope I end up feeling about the RGB.

The gold does indeed look horrible. I was so close to buying a ducky shine 3. I started liking the K70 Vengence because of the textured WSAD and 1-6 keys (see my reasoning for liking the texture/lighting above) That's when I heard about the RGB and it became my defacto perfect keyboard (although I'd still like the textured keys and wish they were included.)

The way you feel about your shine 3 is the way I hope I end up feeling about the RGB.

I don't like the design of the Corsair keyboards. I have always like clean and almost professional looking keyboards over the "gaming" style. And the RGB feels more like a gimmick to me. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

snip.

I said RGB. Not back-lit.