HELP! My PC won't turn on!

Chompus

pop the battery out, wait a few minutes and put it back in, im running out of idea's

Me too

I did, but I forgot where it was. Still nothing though.

Press the Mem OK button next to the ram. Let it tun the program, if that doesn't help, press the direct key next to the powerswitch connector, and if that doesn't help, try putting the ram sticks into a different socket.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The light means 'some' power is getting to the board, but i think with that PSU the fan should be spinning. This might be a stupid question, but did you seat the CPU properly? 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Already tried that. I've already informed Amazon and they have dispatched a replacement PSU which will be delivered on Friday. Just a question though, what do you think is more of a problem here? The PSU or the Mobo? I mean, the green light on the MOBO comes on so does that mean that the MOBO is fine and that the PSU is dead? Because when I turn the PSU on, the green light comes on, but that's about it. The PSU fan doesn't work.

Do you have a molex fan? Try running the PSU with a fan and see if it stays on. Before, disconnect the motherboard from the psu. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Do you have a molex fan? Try running the PSU with a fan and see if it stays on. Before, disconnect the motherboard from the psu. 

this!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Me too

Press the Mem OK button next to the ram. Let it tun the program, if that doesn't help, press the direct key next to the powerswitch connector, and if that doesn't help, try putting the ram sticks into a different socket.

There's no Mem OK button next to the ram. 

I have a Cooler Master Evo 212.

The light means 'some' power is getting to the board, but i think with that PSU the fan should be spinning. This might be a stupid question, but did you seat the CPU properly? 

Yes I did. Installing the CM 212 Evo CPU fan was a pain though. 

I have a Cooler Master Evo 212.

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx430m-modular-atx-power-supply-430-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

and go to FAQ&Support and than to PSU Paper clip test

Can I use hairpins instead of paperclips?

Yes anything metal and you have to keep it in there or else it will turn off again. 

Yes anything metal and you have to keep it in there or else it will turn off again. 

I haven't got a 2/3 pin adapter. 

do you have a case fan with molex connection?

do you have a case fan with molex connection?

Yes. Do I just stick the hairpins inside the holes and turn the PSU on?

Yes. Do I just stick the hairpins inside the holes and turn the PSU on?

Yes, you can also have the psu power on and use the hair pin.

Yes, you can also have the psu power on and use the hair pin.

Nope, nothing happened. :L

Is my PSU dead? If so, I've got a new one coming on Friday. I just hope my MOBO and the rest of my components are fine. 

Nope, nothing happened. :L

Is my PSU dead? If so, I've got a new one coming on Friday. I just hope my MOBO and the rest of my components are fine. 

The Fan didn't spin. If so, Yes your PSU is dead. 

The Fan didn't spin. If so, Yes your PSU is dead. 

Yeah, the fan spun the first time when I heard static, after which it turned off after a second. Since then, the fan has not been spinning. In addition to that, the wall socket I connected the PSU in was already dodgy apparently. So, I think that it may have blown a fuse in my PSU, since now, whenever I connect anything in that socket, none of the electronics work. 

Anyways, I just want to thank you and the others who spent time posting stuff here to try and help me. If everything (hopefully) works on Friday when I get the new PSU, I'll come back and post an update!  ;)

Thanks again.

Yeah, the fan spun the first time when I heard static, after which it turned off after a second. Since then, the fan has not been spinning. In addition to that, the wall socket I connected the PSU in was already dodgy apparently. So, I think that it may have blown a fuse in my PSU, since now, whenever I connect anything in that socket, none of the electronics work. 

Anyways, I just want to thank you and the others who spent time posting stuff here to try and help me. If everything (hopefully) works on Friday when I get the new PSU, I'll come back and post an update!  ;)

Thanks again.

No problem, that is what the Forum is for and for gif s

technical-support-funny-redneck-service-

You may want to invest in a surge protector, you can get them cheap

No problem, that is what the Forum is for and for gif s

technical-support-funny-redneck-service-

How'd you get that pic of me? lmao

Guys, I am not sharing my pictures with you or else I can see it'll go public.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

How'd you get that pic of me? lmao

Google Street View :D

Be sure to connect the 8pin plug in the top left corner of your MB. 

Even now I make the same mistake on builds. lol

I would suggest you test the power supply, unplug everything from and get the 24 pin atx cable (the big one) you should see a green wire and a black wire in either side of it. Take something like a paper clip and connect the green wire to one of the black wire, then turn it on. If the fan comes on that is a good sign. If that doesnt work test the grey wire in the atx cable using a multimeter and that should read 5 volts. That wire is what actually starts the computer and is very important

bullshit... yes you do! Every PC Case comes with it.

btw, your avatar is killing me.

InWin 901...