NZXT H440 vs Corsair Air 540 vs Corsair Vengeance C70

I hope you guys don't mind me necroing this thread but I found myself on the same dilema.

I do own a nzxt h440 and I fairly happy with it but i did notice some airflow problems.

Specs

i5-2500k @4.5 1.25v

Corsair h105

Corsair vengance 2x4 lp

Gtx 980 (blower)

ASUS m7z68-v

Just as an example; If i run a game for 2hs, then run prime95 my temps go as high as 68c 69c. if i remove the top case panel (where the h105 rad is) the temps go down to 57c-60c. 

Taking this into account i don't mind buying a corsair air 540, main concern is how loud could it be, because I do prefer a quiet sistem(but quiet = low rpm fans = low temperature. If i get no airflow on my 105 the fans are gonna strat spinning at highers rpms thus getting lounder)

I had lower temps on my cm hyper 212+ than in my current corsair h105 becauese of how restricted airflow is on the top and front panel. The case has descent air flow for a cpu heatsink but i'dont think its made for a rad.

tl:dr Is the AIR 540 really that louder than the h440? because i did't notice a big diference between cm 690 II and the nzxt h440 

Can't beat the airflow of the air 540. It's really not that loud. I have all my fan spots loaded up, everything running on max (with 2 noctua's and 2 corsairs in push/pull on a rad) and I can barely hear it when I'm watching WAN show at a reasonable volume. Some people just seem to be psycho's when it comes to a bit of fan noise. I hardly notice it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can't beat the airflow of the air 540. It's really not that loud. I have all my fan spots loaded up, everything running on max (with 2 noctua's and 2 corsairs in push/pull on a rad) and I can barely hear it when I'm watching WAN show at a reasonable volume. Some people just seem to be psycho's when it comes to a bit of fan noise. I hardly notice it.

I'm one of those people :P

I'm one of those people :P

Lol. Well I can say that if you run your fans on low, the air 540 has all the airflow in the world and I don't think that a lack of noise dampening material would make much of a difference, as I run everything on full blast and it doesn't make much noise, hell the birds outside my window are louder. It is a really good case, my only issue is the lack of bottom fans, and the fact that the side panel window isn't actual glass, but that's only because I'm a lazy bastard and haven't made much effort to take care of it, plan on replacing it with an actual pane of glass eventually.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The main problem with H440 and rads is the lack of clearence on the top and front pannel, Coolers can't get enough room to do their job, so i was thinking that maybe a push & pull config with my h105 would solve the problem, its not taking care of the main issue but its somehow making it easier for the air to flow through the rad without tunning up the rpms.

@Kennkra

push/pull will solve no problems.

due to the lack of roof space, the upper panel restricts the exhausting of the roof.

trying to push anymore air through will not improve your cooling.

push/pull will solve no problems.

due to the lack of roof space, the upper panel restricts the exhausting of the roof.

trying to push anymore air through will not improve your cooling.

what about some  decent SP fans?

as for this little debate in your shoes OP i would go for the air 540 though i feel that with some solid SP fans in the front the 440 should shine.....

on a side note why the 780ti over 980? the are roughly the same price with the 980 being slightly better on performance and features?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017