Lian li PC-V1000L: If you need a pc case and you cant afford a tank

brownninja97

You can actually - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/123752-2013-mac-pro-my-variation.html

You can go even smaller...

gigabyte-brix-gaming-pc_w_500.jpg'

Though the BRIX has some serious heating issues when using a dedicated GPU.

I say we need another couple of gens of die shrinks and optimizations before something like this becomes more viable for people who need lots of power. Otherwise, stuffing lots of heat into a tiny box can not end well. The idea is neat, though.

PS: I like Chi too

What's so special about the HD 5450?!

Pretty sure its a joke because thats what came in the old mac pros that look like this lol

All i have to say is HACKINTOSH!

Making a pc of this size is possible.

Compare the size. Those variations are both slightly larger, not to mention far less powerful.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Though the BRIX has some serious heating issues when using a dedicated GPU.

Exactly, and it doesn't roll with LGA2011 so it's nowhere near as powerful.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Exactly, and it doesn't roll with LGA2011 so it's nowhere near as powerful.

Wasn't comparing it to a mac... just thought I'd mention it since we were talking about size.

And I agree the new macs fit a lot more into that little trashcan than any custom mod could, but to say a you couldn't build an equally powerful PC in that form factor is absurd. These builds were just some modders having fun, if a company actually wanted to put time and money behind the design of such a PC with a custom mobo etc. it could easily be done.

Wasn't comparing it to a mac... just thought I'd mention it since we were talking about size.

Well you do have a fair point, I did mean more like performance per square inch. There's nothing with dual GPUs and an LGA2011 processor in that size, because everything at that size that's not the Mac Pro is sort of a hack. The Brix has GPU problems as you mentioned, it runs extremely hot, etc. Not really a well designed product by anyone's definition of the word, and Linus agrees for the most part.

Those case mods however are a slightly different story, because they are much similar to Mac Pro size, however again they have piddly specs and shoddy build quality to say the least.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This case is just screaming out for an optional tempered glass side window. You could fit a sick WC loop in there, but you gotta be able to show it off for maximum Street cred.

Last gen mac pro anyone?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Those case mods however are a slightly different story, because they are much similar to Mac Pro size, however again they have piddly specs and shoddy build quality to say the least.

Because one was built by a dude in his garage who had some spare time on his hands and the other was built/designed by a multi-billion dollar company. Might explain the difference in build quality... Like I said, if a company wanted to make a custom motherboard for the form factor, you could easily imitate it with an equally sized PC.

Macs and PCs are basically identical these days when talking about hardware, so I don't even know where the "you could never build a PC that small" statement came from. It basically is a PC already.

Because one was built by a dude in his garage who had some spare time on his hands and the other was built/designed by a multi-billion dollar company. Might explain the difference in build quality...

Well great, I'm all for modding, but a guy was comparing it to the Mac Pro when that poor thing was literally built out of a trash can running an i3 and it was STILL bigger than the Mac Pro.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /