Diablo: X99/Maxwell Little Devil Test Bench Build

failwheeldrive

Hey everyone.  Decided it's time to start a build log for my latest project to document where it has been as well as some pretty major changes I have planned over the next couple of weeks.

This is a fully liquid cooled test bench build based on the Little Devil PC-V4.  Originally I had just planned to use this chassis a short period while I finished up modding my TJ07, but the PC-V4 has really grown on me... enough so that I've decided to make it a dedicated long term project.  My goals for this build are pretty simple: create a functional, quiet, and attractive rig that performs well and is (relatively) easy to work with and upgrade as I go along.

I finished up the current setup (let's call it version 1) a few weeks ago.  Since I had only planned to use this chassis a short time, I cut a few corners with cable management and tubing bending... nothing major, just not up to my usual standards.  I'll be fixing these little issues and making some changes in the upcoming incarnation.  Well, I figure I've talked enough.  Let's get on to the current specs.

Main Hardware:
i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz daily overclock
Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Adata XPG 2400mhz
XFX r9 290x
EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
2x256GB Samsung 840 Pro
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Cooling:
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Nickel Acetal
EK Monarch Clean CSQ Nickel Acetal
EK Fullcover MVIE Clean CSQ Nickel Acetal
Aquacomputer Kryographics 290x Nickel+EK Backplate
Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX with Noiseblocker eLoop B12-4
Bitspower Z Multi 250 POM
XSPC D5 Vario with Bitspower Mod Kit and Top (acetal)
Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro
Bitspower Matte Black fittings with e22 12mm OD Acrylic tubing

Pics from the day I got her up and running

IMG_1887_zps572947b8.jpg
IMG_1861_zps22f93c23.jpg

Moar
IMG_1888_zpsee6016fa.jpgIMG_1876_zpsff121320.jpg
IMG_1872_zps1e80d813.jpg
IMG_1907_zps4a8e3721.jpg
IMG_1882_zpse12040fc.jpg
IMG_1854_zps0e4c2a4d.jpg

And now onto the upgrades :)

Got a few new parts last week.  Supremacy Evo and clean CSQ Monarch top

IMG_2038_zps45d58f06.jpg
IMG_2048_zpsc0eef5a0.jpg
IMG_2052_zps0631fc5a.jpg
IMG_2050_zpscb481ab9.jpg

Got a 2nd Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX.  The build quality of this rad is stunning... even gives my old Aquacomputer AMS copper 480 a run for its money

IMG_2029_zps4a84b068.jpg
IMG_2023_zps7d85b496.jpg
IMG_2030_zpscdfc21e4.jpg
IMG_1999_zps7f014677.jpg
IMG_1978_zps648ef86c.jpg
IMG_1979_zpsa8390120.jpg

IMG_2003_zpsae862c04.jpg
IMG_2002_zps7d2b047e.jpg
IMG_2001_zps25091cac.jpg

Sound card got a fresh coat of primer+paint

IMG_1972_zps3289f302.jpg
IMG_2020_zpse386cffc.jpg

And that's about it for now.  I have some pretty major upgrades coming in this week, so I'll update as soon as the parts are in.  Thanks for checking my build!

Nice build! I love the waterbuild components. What's the reasoning behind the super-overkill PSU? 

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Test Build of the Decade! Just a suggestion, put some LEDs near the PSU and the pump and where ever you think, it'll make it uber  sight of beauty 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Nice build! I love the waterbuild components. What's the reasoning behind the super-overkill PSU? 

Well I guess if its a test bench it can be used to run everything and anything

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thanks man.  The reason for the power supply is it's from my old tri SLI 780 HOF build lol.  So yeah, it's ridiculous overkill at the moment, but it will be pulling more wattage soon  ;)

Test Build of the Decade! Just a suggestion, put some LEDs near the PSU and the pump and where ever you think, it'll make it uber  sight of beauty 

I have some ideas for lighting, will update on that soon.  I like to do that last, so once I get all the new hardware installed and the loop finished I'll focus on lighting  :D And thanks for the kind words bud!

Well I guess if its a test bench it can be used to run everything and anything

It's definitely a flexible chassis with a ton of water cooling and hardware support.  I'd love to do a dual socket HPTX build in it one day.

Was thinking the PSU fan wouldn't turn on so it would be pretty silent for a test bench rig

Was thinking the PSU fan wouldn't turn on so it would be pretty silent for a test bench rig

That's part of it; I do value silence.  My fans all run at sub 1000 rpm at load, so the psu would definitely be the loudest component if it were at a higher load.  But it is completely overkill for the current setup, to the point where it's nowhere close to its peak efficiency range.  With the upgrades I have coming it will be better suited for the hardware, so it will will be more efficient while remaining quiet.

Got a package from my buddy Dave today.  Seriously, everyone should have a friend like this lol

Aquaero 6 XT :D

IMG_2077_zps531fc908.jpg

IMG_2069_zps6ad4cd4d.jpg

IMG_2076_zps2c679503.jpg

IMG_2073_zps0c6ed40b.jpg

And a little something from fcpu

IMG_2080_zps12e74251.jpg

More updates coming tomorrow... should explain why I have two memory blocks instead of one :)

It's the one I'm looking at buying!

Best choice imo, no way I'd go for the 5930k unless I absolutely needed 4 cards. What board are you looking at?

Best choice imo, no way I'd go for the 5930k unless I absolutely needed 4 cards. What board are you looking at?

I was looking at going with the asus rampage v! I got to hurry up and finish building my side desk. ;)

Nice man, hadn't seen your bl before. Subbing for sure, love a good scratch build.

Thanks man I just hope it turns out how I want it to.

Gl on ur build man! U do really good on ur pictures for the BL btw!

I can tell already it won't disappoint :)

And thanks bud, I do the best I can with my limited resources lol.  Hoping to get a DSLR and proper lighting setup at some point, but the old Canon Powershot works for now :D

HardwareLabs Nemesis and Eloops, I love you! :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

HardwareLabs Nemesis and Eloops, I love you! :D

What can I say, great minds think alike :D

Did I just hear "old" tri SLi 780?!?! what the fudge man, are you made of money or something?

lol I wish man, got laid off a while back and sold most of that setup.  Can't confirm anything yet, but there may be more GPUs in this build before I'm done  ;)

Very nice man! Those are going to be some tight bends!

Thanks bud :D  yeah I'm still unsure on the tubing routing too, knowing me I'll end up changing it 50 times before settling on a final layout lol.

Lol nice! Have you seen singularity computers on YouTube? He dose a lot of setups like this. Might give u some ideas