The DISQUS comment system is retarded?

-TesseracT-

Have you noticed how many sites like IGN used the DISQUS comment system? Well I find it retarded.

The problem with it is that you only can see how many upvotes a comment has, and not how many downvotes. So let's say you find a comment where someone says something that you aren't sure about, you don't know if it true or false. The comment has 3 upvotes. But you don't know if that's a good thing or not, since YOU CAN'T F**KING SEE HOW MANY DOWNVOTES IT HAS!!!! It's seriously retarded as all hell.

I believe it adds all the votes together, meaning if you have 10 upvotes and 2 downvotes, it shows 8.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I believe it adds all the votes together, meaning if you have 10 upvotes and 2 downvotes, it shows 8.

Yes but I would interpret a comment that has 3 upvotes and 0 downvotes differently than a comment that has 1003 upvotes and 1000 downvotes. That's the problem.

Yes but I would interpret a comment that has 3 upvotes and 0 downvotes differently than a comment that has 1003 upvotes and 1000 downvotes. That's the problem.

Why would it matter?

Because one is 100% upvoted and one is 50.15% upvoted?

Exactly.

Because one is 100% upvoted and one is 50.15% upvoted?

Exactly.

Missing my point. It some random people on the internet commenting. Why would how many people like and dislike matter?

Missing my point. It some random people on the internet commenting. Why would how many people like and dislike matter?

Because some people care about the opinions of others I guess? Same reason people care about being upvoted or downvoted on Youtube comments.

I can't stand how most of the time disquis either malfunctions and doesnt load, or (and I find this to be happening alot more often) is disabled because of political reasons, I find that alot of the time, any story that doesn't jive with msnbc, and cnn's agenda has disabled comments. Not sure if fox does this as well, but I rarely every check their website for anything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Stop using it then.

Posts like these are stupid as all hell and very unnessecary. It's negative and it doesn't add anything to the thread. It makes it look like you're just trying to post to get your post count up, instead of adding something valuable to the thread. Seriously man, stop that.