Hey guys,

My "problem" is that every time i open up firefox (running the newest version at the time 21.0) it loads forever, up to at least 10 seconds, sometimes 15 seconds.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem, on every single other program on my pc, the load time is maximum 2 seconds, down to 0,5 seconds. The problem is only with firefox.

You can see my specs in my signature, and I'm only using my 256 GB Plextor MP5Pro, and not any other hard drive as well.

SOLVED - it turns out that the problem was the addblock plus add-on, apparently without this, it starts in 1 second. - I was subscribed to about 15 lists of filters, but I have now only got one, and it boots within seconds

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

How many tabs does it open when launching?

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I have heard that the latest build of Firefox had some problems with stability and speed, but then again it can come down to something as simple as internet speed and, as Profquast pointed out, how many tabs you open at once  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The only tab it opens when starting up is the home tab, and it's been doing this since I got the disk back in January, but again only with firefox.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

What add-ons have you got installed with Firefox? It may be starting all of those up as well which might cause delays.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

It could be some plugin that slowing it down. I personally experience some of that plugin myself. and you can try to delete all the setting (reset/clear) by deleting the Mozilla\Firefox folder inside %Appdata%.

I have already done this, though it has been like this since day 1, even without any plugins :-(

just get chrome its soo much better :D 

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

Wait, people still use Firefox? 

Seriously, try other browsers like Chrome, see if the problem persists.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

just get chrome its soo much better :D

Wait, people still use Firefox? 

Seriously, try other browsers like Chrome, see if the problem persists.

No, firefox is awesome.

Sounds like a strange issue if it started with a clear install. Are you sure it's installed on the SSD and not a hard drive? Otherwise, I can't imagine what the problem could be. On my Samsung 840 SSD, ff loads from desktop to page in 3.7 seconds (just timed it), with several addons (the page was loading from the cache)

HTTP/2 203

Do not want to use chrome.

Yes I'm clearly using my SSD as it's the only storage device inside my pc :b

EDIT: I've just discovered that there's a new firmware update avaliable for my SDD, I will get back to you guys when I have flashed it :-)

Do not want to use chrome.

Yes I'm clearly using my SSD as it's the only storage device inside my pc :b

EDIT: I've just discovered that there's a new firmware update avaliable for my SDD, I will get back to you guys when I have flashed it :-)

I don't want you to switch to Chrome. But you should install it and see if the problem persists. That would be a quick way to rule the SSD out of the equation if it doesn't.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

I Haven't updated my firmware, but it turns out that the problem was adblock plus, apparently without this, it starts in 1 second. I guess that I will either sacrifice speed or commercials :-(