Which processor for streaming?

Go to solution Solved by TheProfosist,

So the conclusion is that I build the system with the i5-4690k and use the onboard on my single gtx 770?

sounds fine to me

Can I just buy another gtx 770 and use that for streaming? I rather invest more money in some more gpu power that I could use in more demanding games when I'm not streaming

Why would you need another? Just use a program that can use the onboard encoder.

Uhm Shadowplay has completely nothing to do with SLI and your cpu is a bottleneck for two 770's. Shadowplay has no impact on your performance by the way but the quality isn't that great and its limited to 720p atm but you can use OBS that supports nvidia's encoder as well so it practically has the same advantages as Shadowplay but just more advanced settings and you can stream in 1080 at 60fps.

If you don't want to sacrifice quality, you'd be better off streaming with the CPU and you kinda need a 5820K to stream 1080p at 60 fps. Drop that 500GB SSD and H100i. Get a cheap case 20$ case aslong as it fits, get a 5820K boxed one (stick with the stock cooler for awhile), get a cheap value 4GB stick or two of them and the cheapest X99 board.

Correct shadow play does nhave much if anything to do with SLI. Shadowplay can now actually do up to 1440p 60fps if i recall correctly.

why are you recommending him an overkill 2011-3 processor for this? even a 8350 is fine for most streaming. (at least for me)

I know you didnt quote me but I reference earlier why I recommended it.

I won't sacrifice that much for better a better CPU. Is a i5-4690k a bottleneck for 2 gtx 770 in SLI?

It will not bottleneck 2 770's though that wont help all that much since the encoder is actually a dedicated hardware chip.

I'm getting the 750 to be able to upgrade with a second gpu and I want my power supply to be relevant for a long time. Someone earlier in this thread talked about using a gpu to do the streaming and take the load off the CPU. Is it possible to have a 4690k and two gtx 770, one to do the game and one to do the streaming?

I can afford a i7 4770k

750 is probably even a bit much fro dual GPU's depending on what else you all have in there.

One 770 at that point will handle it just as well for reasons mentioned above. It would help if you were using CUDA instead of the dedicated encoder but that would also be more strenuous on the GPU.

i would also wait for the 800 series card (maybe renamed 900 series) which are coming in a month or so. If you can get a 4770K and two 770's you can likely work in getting a 5820k and 870 or even 880.

dont keep the mobo get a gigabyte ga x58a ud3r 2.0 get a  get a xeon x5650 6 cores 12 thereads same as the 980x but its only 50 pounds like 80 usd

So basically waste money on a 4 going on 5 year old processor. The 4670 was a better plan than that.

My old system is very outdated and I'm going to build a completely new system

good choice as his idea was well not good unless you were on a super super budget.

bit rude.

Was more meant to ignore your post because you didn't exactly read the thread.

Was more meant to ignore your post because you didn't exactly read the thread.

sorry mate, im only 5 years old. 072fd10375f30713bb83e243d8ced237.png

Why would you need another? Just use a program that can use the onboard encoder.Correct shadow play does nhave much if anything to do with SLI. Shadowplay can now actually do up to 1440p 60fps if i recall correctly.I know you didnt quote me but I reference earlier why I recommended it.It will not bottleneck 2 770's though that wont help all that much since the encoder is actually a dedicated hardware chip.750 is probably even a bit much fro dual GPU's depending on what else you all have in there.One 770 at that point will handle it just as well for reasons mentioned above. It would help if you were using CUDA instead of the dedicated encoder but that would also be more strenuous on the GPU.i would also wait for the 800 series card (maybe renamed 900 series) which are coming in a month or so. If you can get a 4770K and two 770's you can likely work in getting a 5820k and 870 or even 880.So basically waste money on a 4 going on 5 year old processor. The 4670 was a better plan than that.good choice as his idea was well not good unless you were on a super super budget.

I already have a gtx 770 so that's why I'm considering buying an extra 770, but it seems like it won't be necessary. The price difference between 650w and 750w is about 9$ in my country, so I just thought why not?

I already have a gtx 770 so that's why I'm considering buying an extra 770, but it seems like it won't be necessary. The price difference between 650w and 750w is about 9$ in my country, so I just thought why not?

If that the only difference go fo it but you dont need that much. maybe see if you can get a smaller platinum one?

If that the only difference go fo it but you dont need that much. maybe see if you can get a smaller platinum one?

It's about 60$ more for a platinum. It's a bit too much for my taste

It's about 60$ more for a platinum. It's a bit too much for my taste

well ouch

How much does the Evga 750 G2 cost in your country?

well ouch

So the conclusion is that I build the system with the i5-4690k and use the onboard on my single gtx 770?

sounds fine to me

How much does the Evga 750 G2 cost in your country?

About 162$, the rm750 is about 154$

But the website I buy the rest of my components don't offer the evga so I've to pay a bit more for transport too

About 162$, the rm750 is about 154$

But the website I buy the rest of my components don't offer the evga so I've to pay a bit more for transport too

Can you give us a link from where you're buying the psu from? 

Can you give us a link from where you're buying the psu from?

Komplett.dk

It's a Danish website so I doubt you'll understand much. The Danish word for power supply is strømforsyning

Komplett.dk

It's a Danish website so I doubt you'll understand much. The Danish word for power supply is strømforsyning

Yeah sounds the same as in dutch :P

I assume you want a fully modular PSU?

Anyways, https://www.komplett.dk/cooler-master-v700-700w-psu/791771

This PSU uses all japanese caps, they last much longer, the RM uses significantly cheaper caps on the secondary side. Sadly the Cooler Master isn't semi-passive (fan stays off at low load) like the RM. If you really want that feature get a hx750i imo, is filled up with all jap caps as well.

Yeah sounds the same as in dutch :P

I assume you want a fully modular PSU?

Anyways, https://www.komplett.dk/cooler-master-v700-700w-psu/791771

This PSU uses all japanese caps, they last much longer, the RM uses significantly cheaper caps on the secondary side. Sadly the Cooler Master isn't semi-passive (fan stays off at low load) like the RM. If you really want that feature get a hx750i imo, is filled up with all jap caps as well.

Is there an easy way to check if they have Japanese capacitors?

Is there an easy way to check if they have Japanese capacitors?

Reviews. Also on the RM series the secondary caps aren't getting any airflow and they aren't even japanese caps.

Anyways heres a review for the HX750i (scores 10/10 for build quality/performance/functionality except on value) http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=392

Here you have the review for the RM one: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=363

RM series are basically just mediocre, usually overpriced for what you get in terms of electrical performance/build quality. 

Reviews. Also on the RM series the secondary caps aren't getting any airflow and they aren't even japanese caps.

Anyways heres a review for the HX750i (scores 10/10 for build quality/performance/functionality except on value) http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=392

Here you have the review for the RM one: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=363

RM series are basically just mediocre, usually overpriced for what you get in terms of electrical performance/build quality.

I'm looking at some of the psu right now. What is the difference between hx and ax. And i vs non-i

I'm looking at some of the psu right now. What is the difference between hx and ax. And i vs non-i

- Between the HX & HXi; fully modular, platinum efficiency, better electrical performance, better quality fan and it's quieter. The HX (non-I) is just a poor choice.

- Between the HXi & AX (non I); the HXi has a quieter fan (fluid dynamic bearing), better quality control for coil whine noise and Corsair Link to monitor how much power your pc is actually using. The ax (non-I) doesnt really have any advantages over the HXi.

- Between the HX & HXi; fully modular, platinum efficiency, better electrical performance, better quality fan and it's quieter. The HX (non-I) is just a poor choice.

- Between the HXi & AX (non I); the HXi has a quieter fan (fluid dynamic bearing), better quality control for coil whine noise and Corsair Link to monitor how much power your pc is actually using. The ax (non-I) doesnt really have any advantages over the HXi.

What about AXi?

If you compare the AXi and the HXi what are the differences?

If you compare the AXi and the HXi what are the differences?

Well, just avoid the AXi if you're interested in having a quiet PSU. I've had that PSU for a pretty much long time and I hated its fan profile mainly. Basically the fan just ramps quickly to its max speed quickly cooling the psu down and the fan shuts off - this was happening like 5 times in a minute time. That was happening mainly when its at the cutout between the fan staying off & on. 

Wasn't really the only issue regarding the fan profile, when the fan stays off at idle, the fan just makes a clicking noise every ~10-15secs. The click is audible if youre sensitive, the fan just moves a tiny bit. Besides the bad fan profile, the fan they use on the ax760i/860i/ax1200 is garbage and loud.

The AX (non-I) doesn't have any of these issues. Corsair learned their lesson from this and they came up a proper fan profile for the RM/HXi series along with a better fan (its a fluid dynamic bearing theyre just the best in terms of noise output). 

Other than it's a noisier PSU, you get a lil bit more control over your PSU with the AXi like setting the fan to a fixed speed, switchable to multi-rail (which is useless) and you can monitor the amps going through a pcie cable so you know how much power the GPU exactly pulls. Choice is made I guess, get the HXi.