Best 780?

Firearm2112

My monitor is running at 75Hz and it never goes below that. My framerate is capped at 75, hence

I don't know how much fps I gain without vsync on

He won't, if he's not even using half of his VRAM available

@Firearm2112 I edited my other post, read the last sentence and watch linus' video

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Whats the best 780? Decided that Im probably gonna go for a 780 instead of a 780ti since ill be gaming at 1080p

Anyways, whats the best 780?

Thanks

What's the best 780 ? Um an R9 290 cause it costs allot less and even still performs a bit better.

What's the best 780 ? Um an R9 290 cause it costs allot less and even still performs a bit better.

The heat and power consumption doe

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Heat ? ... The aftermarket 290 is like 10c cooler than a reference 780. Power consumption who cares we are talking high performance products here not low end value options.

It's not much higher than 780.

People seriosuly overestimate the temperature of AMD cards.  AMD cpu are the real room heaters.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

It's not much higher than 780.

People seriosuly overestimate the temperature of AMD cards.  AMD cpu are the real room heaters.

It's the nvidia propaganda machine that is to blame. As far as the current FX CPUs ? Well I can't really recommend them as they have inconsistent performance as in if it's not well multithreaded the performance kinda sucks. I hear that an FX 8370 95watt CPU is coming down the line so that will at leased take care of the heat issues but as far as performance we will have to wait and see. As for nvidia well they have had really hot cards aka Fermi and people never hated those like they are AMD LOL. The GTX 480 was hotter and louder than a reference 290.

I have the Asus gtx 780 direct cuii oc and its sooooooo quiet+cool, it's smashed everything i have thrown at it since i got it, couldn't be happier. I even overclocked it the point my valley score is comparable to some 780ti's  :)

I have the Asus gtx 780 direct cuii oc and its sooooooo quiet+cool, it's smashed everything i have thrown at it since i got it, couldn't be happier. I even overclocked it the point my valley score is comparable to some 780ti's  :)

Just to keep things on an even keel the R9 290 cards are great and the power consumption and heat or over hyped on the 290 cards. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/04/14/gigabyte_r9_290x_oc_asus_gtx_780_ti_dcuii_review/9#.U_9MTWOAcf4

If you are getting a 780 you might as well  save up a bit longer and get the EVGA 780ti Kingpin edition, I have it and it kicks ass

*Max settings on all games

*60fps minimum on full settings on any game (overclock may be required)

*overclockable

Get it you wont be sorry as this will be a pleasure to game with and will future proof you for atleast 3 years so I would say invest in this as plain 780's are beginning to lag with hig settings  on games such as bf4 watch dogs etc..

And the difference between a 780ti Kingpin and a 780 is Huge I mean 30-40fps on ultra with 780 and 70-100 fps with 780ti kingpin :D

and I am guessing someone will say just get a 780 and overclock it till it is the same as 780ti but what happens next year when better and more gpu demanding games come out? ur screwed so its worth it

Just to keep things on an even keel the R9 290 cards are great and the power consumption and heat or over hyped on the 290 cards. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/04/14/gigabyte_r9_290x_oc_asus_gtx_780_ti_dcuii_review/9#.U_9MTWOAcf4

Someone makes a thread asking the best 780 to buy yet you red team people still feel the need to defend your heat and power consumption issues. That's not what this thread is about, i have never attacked AMD cards, they have some great value options that do pretty well performance wise but some people just don't like the trade offs or don't care about the extra $100. 

I'm pretty new to this place but it seems to be a reoccurring theme. 

If you are getting a 780 you might as well  save up a bit longer and get the EVGA 780ti Kingpin edition, I have it and it kicks ass

*overclockable

Get it you wont be sorry as this will be a pleasure to game with and will future proof you for atleast 3 years so I would say invest in this as plain 780's are beginning to lag with hig settings  on games such as bf4 watch dogs etc..

And the difference between a 780ti Kingpin and a 780 is Huge I mean 30-40fps on ultra with 780 and 70-100 fps with 780ti kingpin :D

I can get 2 290 and raped a kingpin LOL for less LOL. Kingpin is the stupidest decision from many standpoints weather it be price, value, performance for what you spend etc.

Someone makes a thread asking the best 780 to buy yet you red team people still feel the need to defend your heat and power consumption issues. That's not what this thread is about, i have never attacked AMD cards, they have some great value options that do pretty well performance wise but some people just don't like the trade offs or don't care about the extra $100. 

I'm pretty new to this place but it seems to be a reoccurring theme. 

Just saying that the power consumption and heat metric you tried to use to try and pump up nvidia image is invalid.

and I am guessing someone will say just get a 780 and overclock it till it is the same as 780ti but what happens next year when better and more gpu demanding games come out? ur screwed so its worth it

No doubt the 780ti's are better than the standard 780's but i wouldn't go so far as to say someone with a standard 780 gaming at 1080 is going to be "screwed" next year, exaggerating just a little there lol 

No doubt the 780ti's are better than the standard 780's but i wouldn't go so far as to say someone with a standard 780 gaming at 1080 is going to be "screwed" next year, exaggerating just a little there lol 

Not necessarily because skyrim with visual mods gives me drops to 25fps sometimes on my card so there might be a problem for 780's if games do get more gpu demanding 

*overclockable

You're joking right? The kingpin edition is for enthousiasts, not regular gamers who overclock. And a 780 runs everything at a minimum of 60 fps aswell

And how much mods are you using on skyrim? Because my 780 never dips below 75 on skyrim

You're joking right? The kingpin edition is for enthousiasts, not regular gamers who overclock. And a 780 runs everything at a minimum of 60 fps aswell

And how much mods are you using on skyrim? Because my 780 never dips below 75 on skyrim

Im using a lot of mods and the Kingpin is an enthusiast card i agree but it does oc much better than any other 780 I have seen, I did only make a suggestion and  I guess you can get another cheaper ti but I got it cause all the reviews said it is one of the best cards they oc'd and I think Linus made a review about it aswell

Im using a lot of mods and the Kingpin is an enthusiast card i agree but it does oc much better than any other 780 I have seen, I did only make a suggestion and  I guess you can get another cheaper ti but I got it cause all the reviews said it is one of the best cards they oc'd and I think Linus made a review about it aswell

It's not a 780, It's a 780 ti. and it costs like 800 dollars... You can buy almost 2 780s for that

It's not a 780, It's a 780 ti. and it costs like 800 dollars... You can buy almost 2 780s for that

Yea your right but I had the money for the Kingpin and I got it but I guess if someone is on a budget build then by all means get a 780. Also 2 780's will not make a big difference when compared to a single 780.

If you have the money for 2 780's then get it as it will improve performance but not by a huge amount

Yea your right but I had the money for the Kingpin and I got it but I guess if someone is on a budget build then by all means get a 780. Also 2 780's will not make a big difference when compared to a single 780.

If you have the money for 2 780's then get it as it will improve performance but not by a huge amount

Of course it will make a difference, 2 780s instead of 1 is a 50-80% performance boost