Pirate gets Caught

Arty

That's just BS IMO if they wouldn't charge $10+ just to see the movie people would stop doing it & Hollywood wonder why there's Pirates in the world!

IMO it's to high of price just to live in this world!

+1

TBH i doubt they lost 4 million, ik i had download the movie to if if a liked, i did, then i went and bought the blu ray pack and watched it agian! lol

I do this with PC games all the time. I pirate it, see it it runs well, and if it does I buy it.

"Ohh, Fallout 3 runs like shit on Windows 7? Better see if it works on my PC! Ohh it does? Okay, time to uninstall and wait for it to go on steam sale!"

4k red? lol

Have fun sneaking that in a theater

That's just BS IMO if they wouldn't charge $10+ just to see the movie people would stop doing it & Hollywood wonder why there's Pirates in the world!

IMO it's to high of price just to live in this world!

$40 for three tickets to Guardians of the Galaxy on the first night. BS

I'm sorry, whenever I see this on tech forums...

ARRR, HERE BE PIRATES, GOIN' TEH UPLODE MUH BURIED TURRESHURRRR!

imAlsPP.jpg?1

it's more or less irrelevant, but I wish I knew where they pull these numbers from.

"The pirated copy of the film was downloaded 779,000 times, costing one of Hollywood’s biggest filmmakers more than $4 million."

It really annoys me when companies claim things like this. While i do not condone piracy, a pirated copy does not equal a lost sale.

Edit: Damn it, ninja'd @helping

TBH i doubt they lost 4 million, ik i had download the movie to if if a liked, i did, then i went and bought the blu ray pack and watched it agian! lol

It annoys me too when companies say "Oh we lost X amount of dollars due to pirating." Those who pirate likely never would have bought the movie in the first place. They didn't -lose- money.

Also, it's fucking hilarious that internet pirates get several years in jail, while those charged with manslaughter or attempted murder get off with a slap on the wrist or probation.

Not the most handsome dude in the world....

1408705562790_wps_1_Internet_pirate_Phil

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

It annoys me too when companies say "Oh we lost X amount of dollars due to pirating." Those who pirate likely never would have bought the movie in the first place. They didn't -lose- money.

Also, it's fucking hilarious that internet pirates get several years in jail, while those charged with manslaughter or attempted murder get off with a slap on the wrist or probation.

Responses are definitely disproportionate.

It's not entirely proven that the people wouldn't have bought the movie in the first place, and furthermore, if piracy wasn't an option, you simply can't deny that some of the people pirating it would have bought tickets or a DVD instead.

I don't side with piracy, but christ, three years? Poor fucker is going to get cut up in jail. He definitely doesn't deserve that. Maybe a $5,000 fine and internet monitoring but honestly I really don't agree with jail time for ANY non-violent offenses.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

lol. The movie worldwide made over 789 million. Not justifying what he did at all and he wasn't very smart about it, but 4 million for the movie industry is about 1600 bucks to that dude.

CPU - 4790k / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 / Case - NCASE M1 v3 / Board - ASUS Impact VII  / PSU SFX 600w Silverstone / Storage - 2x500GB EVOs / Windows 8.1,OS X 10.10 / Full Water Loop

If it ain't good, say it's valuable and then put a computer programmer in jail because he pirated it.

fuck logic