WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda

Speedbird

Hi

I'm not sure what 1 TB drive should I put it in my build. My current plan was to use a Seagate Barracuda, but then I remembered that WD drives come with Acronis True Image. I'm currently using a WD Blue, and I found the True Image software quite useful, but I want to try something new and I wonder what sound does the Seagate drive make when spinning up. Both drives are pretty equally priced in my local store.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

It's pretty much personal preference. But I prefer the Barracuda over the WD Blue. All the blues I've have had have worked just fine, and the one Barracuda I had was very quiet.

Seagate Barracuda; Cheaper and of similar quality and speed and overall more comparable to a WD Caviar Black...Mostly cause it's so nearly identical to a WD Caviar Blue but so is black the only differences between Black and Blue are Firmware(Barracuda's firmware more similar to Black's) and Warranty(which for Barracudas usually varies based on where it was purchased from)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Hi Speedbird. About the drives - it's all about personal preference. But no matter which one you choose, you can actually download Acronis True Image WD Edition Software from the WD website for free. Here's a link for it: http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative

http://www.wdc.com