Drive through.... computer store?

Shd0w2

"Hey there, I would like a Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM kit, please."

"Would you like fries with that, sir?" 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

That would never work. People don't go to Microcenter every week like they go to McDonald's where you know the menus off the top of your head. If you buy tech products they're usually not cheap so you want to see exactly what the store has to offer and people who aren't tech savy will often need advice from the sales persons, and that on the spot advice is one of the reasons people still go to a store and don't just buy it online.

Also inside the store people will see things they suddenly want to buy (Ikea effect) so by having a drive thru, a store like Microcenter would even lose money.

Is there like a giant menu of computer parts?

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Imagine fitting a 900D in any car

VW Touareg...

VW Touareg...

wouldn't really consider that a car

Error: 410

wouldn't really consider that a car

That's a beast that can push a plane... Not a car... AND I HAVE IT!

"Goes to ze drive through"

"I Would like ze AMD FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Ok and would you like a aftermarket cpu cooler with your order?

"yezzz"

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Yeah can I have 3 supercomputers and a laptop please.

Okay, next window sir...

I have no room in my car for that sorry I will have to come back later.

Yeah, I don't think it would work out too well because some people won't be able to lift the box and fit it out the window.

*Drives up to window*

Can I have 15 copies of Turbo Tax please, a $50 Steam walletcard as well

*That equates to $799 sir*

*Drops onto ground accidently*

*Looters take it*

Noooooooo , they took all my turbo tax :(

*Sorry about that Would you like to pay by cash or credit?*

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

This isn't going to change anything at NCIX. I can see all the 20-year-old fobs who used to hang out in front of the graphics cards and boards at the main counter, clogging up the drive-thru instead simply because they can.

"Hey, I'll take that i7-4930K behind the glass there and...ooooh...that MSI Z97M Gaming looks nice, I'll take that with this LGA2011 CPU which should work right?"

-insert long-ass tedious explanation from salesman barely proficient in English about how LGA2011 CPUs don't fit in LGA1150 boards, except this time in the drive-thru

You are THAT much in a hurry?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

But what if I'm too lazy to get in a car. And you might have to pay a small extra so they can order a part you want if they don't have it.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

It is a good idea.  If they do this it should be only for picking up an order.  ie. those who ordered and paid previously by phone or online, who just need to pick up their items.  And not to be used for new purchases, like placing an order.  

For picking up big or heavy items or large quantity orders, they can pull up to the window and then be directed to designated parking locations where an employee can wheel out the big purchase items and load into your vehicle for you.

You're that lazy that you can't just go in the store to pickup your item?

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit