Not Gettin all Core Speed

LuisCorner
Go to solution Solved by xNeon,

Look in the BIOS for an option called "intel speedstep". I'm not sure if this CPU supports it, but it nerfs your core speed to save power when it thinks you're not doing anything.

Hello in new to this forum and looks like i have a problem with my pc its a Dell Inspiron 560s.
The specs says it runs at 2.8Ghz but when i look at CPU-Z it says its running at 1.1 when in doing nothing but when im gaming(kinda) it only goes to a maximum of 2.3 Ghz i heard Intel has a Power Saving Technology but i want to get the most performance from my pc because when i play some games it feels so slow sometimes, here are some screenshots

IDLE SPEED

qgSRbAO.png

GAMING SPEED

RnQRKhf.png

SORRY FOR BAD ENLGISH AND GAMMARS :)

What are your temps?

The 1.2 GHz is to save power when idling (you do not need the max frequency just for web browsing etc). You can turn off power saving if you want (but I only recommend this if you always have a way to charge the laptop).

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Look in the BIOS for an option called "intel speedstep". I'm not sure if this CPU supports it, but it nerfs your core speed to save power when it thinks you're not doing anything.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

It's intel speedstep, it lowers the multiplier and voltage to preserve battery life. If you put it on high performance (and preferably plug it into a socket) it'll run at max power.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Damn, i had this cpu. It's crap for gaming

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Hello in new to this forum and looks like i have a problem with my pc its a Dell Inspiron 560s.

The specs says it runs at 2.8Ghz but when i look at CPU-Z it says its running at 1.1 when in doing nothing but when im gaming(kinda) it only goes to a maximum of 2.3 Ghz i heard Intel has a Power Saving Technology but i want to get the most performance from my pc because when i play some games it feels so slow sometimes, here are some screenshots

IDLE SPEED

-snip-

GAMING SPEED

-snip-

SORRY FOR BAD ENLGISH AND GAMMARS :)

Hey! Someone else who's still running a 5-year old pentium!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

What are your temps?

qv6vYLq.png?1?5035

I was playing League of Legends ATM.

Thank You. I disabled it and now i get almost full 2.8 Ghz gaming and it stills goes to 1.1~ when doing nothing

It's intel speedstep, it lowers the multiplier and voltage to preserve battery life. If you put it on high performance (and preferably plug it into a socket) it'll run at max power.

Thanks now its all good 

enFJ90f.png

Edit. This post is solved, thanks for the replies.