BIOS Locked

Hi I have an old hp laptop that my mother had been using and she had forgotten the bios password . (Its an old hp pavilion Dv2040ca ) Is there a why for me reformat it from bios? I personally thought it was completely gone but I never threw it away so I was wondering if the forum could help 

Mobo: GA-990XA-UD3 / Cpu: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.4Ghz / Memory: 2x4 GB DDR3 1600Mhz patriot intel extreme masters

VGA: xfx HD R7870 2GB  HDD: WD Black 1TB

Power Supply: Cx 500 Watts 80+ Bronze / Case: Corsair 200R / Cooler: Coolmaster 212 Evo

you gota reset the password in the bios by taking the internal battery out and the main battery out too let it sit for about 10 sec then put it back together again

then hopfully the bios should be reset.

and what do you mean by reformating the bios, do you mean u wanna format the HDD and put a new OS on the machine...

Ok ill try that but I have done alot of things to try to get it to work, (ex. I turned it on and off, turned it on without battery, yelled at it, got mad at it and finally gave up on it) 

It looks like this 

password+bios.jpg

Mobo: GA-990XA-UD3 / Cpu: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.4Ghz / Memory: 2x4 GB DDR3 1600Mhz patriot intel extreme masters

VGA: xfx HD R7870 2GB  HDD: WD Black 1TB

Power Supply: Cx 500 Watts 80+ Bronze / Case: Corsair 200R / Cooler: Coolmaster 212 Evo

pull the main battery out then get a small phillips screw driver and take a few pannels off the bottom of the laptop,

in one of the panels you should see a small watch like battery just pull that out and leave it out for a few sec,

then put it back in screw it back together again put the main battery back in and see how you go.

it aint the same laptop but it will show you what im on about and it might help to show you where your battery is in your laptop.

you can also try ubcd tool and check that if that works.