[Windows 8] - UEFI Boot isn't working?

TheUNCONN3CT3D

I have an ASUS RoG Maximus VII Hero with Windows 8.1 installed.
For some reason the spinning boot circle of Windows 8 doesn't appear under the RoG logo during POST but it rather appears after it under the Microsoft Windows 8 logo.
Although minor, I would like to know why my computer is doing this. I would also be extremely happy to fix this. If a Windows re-installation is necessary I may do it but I'd prefer not to.

EDIT: Hopefully a clean installation won't be required and I could just clone the (C:) drive.

I am confused on this, what does this have to do with UEFI ? The circle should appear under the windows logo....its the way it works

I am confused on this, what does this have to do with UEFI ? The circle should appear under the windows logo....its the way it works

No, with UEFI you can choose to replace the Windows Logo with your MB Manufacturer's board logo. My laptop boots showing the MSI text, with it underneath. Most vendors by default will actually choose to have the splash changed from Windows to their logo. It's a cool feature Windows 8 allows, though users cannot customize the splash, only choose whether they see it, or the Windows logo.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

No, with UEFI you can choose to replace the Windows Logo with your MB Manufacturer's board logo. My laptop boots showing the MSI text, with it underneath. Most vendors by default will actually choose to have the splash changed from Windows to their logo. It's a cool feature Windows 8 allows, though users cannot customize the splash, only choose whether they see it, or the Windows logo.

That's what i don't really understand, I've got an Acer Windows 8 laptop that has the spinning boot under their logo and not MIcrosoft's. My friend recently built a Windows 8 PC with an MSI motherboard which let him see the splash under the MSI logo.

Well I've made a discovery, I did not boot my DVD in UEFI mode, so that is why Windows didn't install that way. I guess I should either reinstall Windows or wait until Windows 9 and just install that then. If I can convert it from BIOS mode to UEFI mode without affecting ANY files or programs I would gladly like to know.

EDIT: Found something that I could do for converting - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14286.converting-windows-bios-installation-to-uefi.aspx?PageIndex=2.  Should I do it?

Why is this a problem then ? As long as windows boots who cares ? I really need to learn more WIndows 8, too old school here.

Why is this a problem then ? As long as windows boots who cares ? I really need to learn more WIndows 8, too old school here.

It's mostly for looks. I know a couple seconds for a boot isn't a huge difference but I guess I'll wait until Windows 9 is out. If the upgrade is free, I'll clean install Windows 8 and then do the upgrade. If it isn't, I will most likely buy Windows 9 regardless.

That's what i don't really understand, I've got an Acer Windows 8 laptop that has the spinning boot under their logo and not MIcrosoft's. My friend recently built a Windows 8 PC with an MSI motherboard which let him see the splash under the MSI logo.

Yeah, you gotta boot into UEFI for that, btu even then, it can be turned off if one wishes and isn't always the default. I like it though, nicer seeing a manufacturer splash than the Windows logo.

The problem is aesthetics, lol. If you have the option to never seen the Windows boots screen (with their logo), why see it? Windows 8 changed so much from 7, it's definitely worth looking into.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Yeah, you gotta boot into UEFI for that, btu even then, it can be turned off if one wishes and isn't always the default. I like it though, nicer seeing a manufacturer splash than the Windows logo.

The problem is aesthetics, lol. If you have the option to never seen the Windows boots screen (with their logo), why see it? Windows 8 changed so much from 7, it's definitely worth looking into.

Looks like I learned that the hard way. :/

Haha true, but you can get an software to change your boot logo though....so there is that..hahaha