Connecting my TV to game

blackwolt

Hey guys

So my monitor broke some time ago and I have ordered the new Rog Swift monitor. However the company I ordered from have just contacted me and said that the delivery date has been set to a week later than the original time. Right now I am sitting infront of my LG Flat TV (42LN577V), but the latency is killing me. I believe that it might be because of the low quality HDMI cable I am using (3 meter) but I am not sure.

Alright so my question is if any of you guys know what I need to do to get some latency that would be "alright" for gaming for two weeks, or if I need to get another computer monitor while I wait?

I've already though about getting an extra monitor for skype, YouTube, browser etc. while I game on my main monitor. So buying another wouldn't be that rough (Though I don't know if I could actually use an extra monitor on the sideline of the Rog Swift and its features)

So... Should I just get some cables or an extra monitor? (and what kind?) :P

I think the best option is to just wait. No need to buy an entire new monitor just for 2 weeks. As for the LG Flat TV, the latency it is a massive TV, not a gaming monitor, so I don't think I need to explain.

Roses are red, violets are blue, computers are awesome, and so are you!

I think the best option is to just wait. No need to buy an entire new monitor just for 2 weeks. As for the LG Flat TV, the latency it is a massive TV, not a gaming monitor, so I don't think I need to explain.

Yeah... I am just sad that I won't be able to play many games for two weeks... q.q

Your HDMI cable doesn't affect latency. If you have picture your good to go.

As for the latency issue you could try setting picture mode to game and turn off all picture processing features like "Motion Clarity Index" MCI and Triple xD engine and similar options.

Spoiler

Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Asus ROG X99 - 5820K - 16GB G.Skill - Swiftech H220 - Noctua NF-F12 - 1TB 840/850 EVO - GTX 980Ti SLI

Mad Catz R.A.T. Pro X - Bla

ckwidow Chroma - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Breeze Audio Class D amp - Dynavoice speakers - Acer X34 Preadator - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift

Yeah... I am just sad that I won't be able to play many games for two weeks... q.q

Yeah my graphics card burnt out and I haven't been able to play games for 2 weeks, and still have to wait till Monday to get my new Graphics Card. It sucks. But maybe you can learn a new skill while you are wating. I learned to bake lots of cake very quickly. God I'm happy I know that xD

Roses are red, violets are blue, computers are awesome, and so are you!

Your HDMI cable doesn't affect latency. If you have picture your good to go.

As for the latency issue you could try setting picture mode to game and turn off all picture processing features like "Motion Clarity Index" MCI and Triple xD engine and similar options.

Yea a friend told me about it and it helped enough to be able to at least play a little bit of FPS games. Changing the TV to gaming mode means everything ;)

Yeah my graphics card burnt out and I haven't been able to play games for 2 weeks, and still have to wait till Monday to get my new Graphics Card. It sucks. But maybe you can learn a new skill while you are wating. I learned to bake lots of cake very quickly. God I'm happy I know that xD

Meh... Study starts again on Monday so yeah... Might as well use some extra time on that while I wait for my upgrade ;D