Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 480GB SSD $180 [U.S]

mvitkun

The Mushkin 480GB 2.5" SSD is on sale for $180, rather than the $200 RRP.

The drive has Seq. Reads of up to 540MB/s and Seq. Writes of up to 460Mb/s.

Performs at 78,000 IOPS for the 4K random  read and at 37,000 IOPS for the random write.

So it's not the best drive out there but it should still be perfectly good for daily use to a majority of people, and at only 38¢/GB it's a great deal as the next best drive costs $30 more and is a somewhat less compelling deal at 41¢/GB .

If you recall a similar deal it's because this drive was also on sale for this same price around a month and a half ago, not sure if that means that we can expect to see this deal again or that this is gonna be its final run.

AWodMMk.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Dat price doe

But how reliable is it/how long does it last?

I could ask the same of any other piece of hardware, it all depends on your luck.

However Mushkin generally sells quality products.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

LESS THAN THOUSAND DOLLARS! I'm not sure about this brand.

Amended the response for how an Apple fanboy would react to a PC based on an OS other than Mac OS.

Linus Sebastian said:

Amended the response for how an Apple fanboy would react to any other prebuilt PC.

i didn't put in 1000 dollars

i didn't put in 1000 dollars

Obviously, I was jeering at how you determined that based on the price being at X that the brand must be horrible in the same way that an Apple fanboy would defend the price of their PC being much higher than offerings with a different OS from different OEMs.

It isn't Samsung, Corsair, or Intel therefore it can't be good.

Linus Sebastian said:

Obviously, I was jeering at how you determined that based on the price being at X that the brand must be horrible in the same way that an Apple fanboy would defend the price of their PC being much higher than offerings with a different OS from different OEMs.

It isn't Samsung, Corsair, or Intel therefore it can't be good.

well the ssd is actually good for the price, some other ssd are actually more expensive. 

We run 120GB chronos drives in basically every computer here at work. After something like 50 drives have never had a failure or problem yet. Always work great. Their performance might not be as good as some better brands but they also obviously cost a lot less. 

So they are pretty reliable if you guys were going to pick one up.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"