Hackintosh back to windows

Cosbyy
Go to solution Solved by Maxwit44,

@Cosbyy

OK, Boot from you OSX disc and go back into the setup procedure when you get past the language input selection screen, Head up to the tool bar and find tools (i think, its been a while). zthen head down to the disk manager.

Once in there either: 1. Select the whole disc, change the partition to NTFS the hit the options button in the bottom left and change the disc type to MBR, hit ok, then format the drive and exit the install disc without installing anything.

2. Do the same thing, but with the selected partition only.

After that you should be able to get the windows install to recognize the disc or partition you want to install to.

Let me know how you went. It's been a while since I done this stuff.

Hello guys

I am building a new rig now and I've tried to install mac OS on my rig using myHack but because Im using and r9 290x which is not supported so my graphics sucks. 

I have downloaded a iso file of windows 8 from the internet and while I'm on my way of installing Windows I choose the 500gb ssd partition and it said its MRT?( I forgot ) format and it can't be installed. 

I can't wipe or reformat the disk 

How can I reformat it in bios or any other method?

thanks much

@Cosbyy

OK, Boot from you OSX disc and go back into the setup procedure when you get past the language input selection screen, Head up to the tool bar and find tools (i think, its been a while). zthen head down to the disk manager.

Once in there either: 1. Select the whole disc, change the partition to NTFS the hit the options button in the bottom left and change the disc type to MBR, hit ok, then format the drive and exit the install disc without installing anything.

2. Do the same thing, but with the selected partition only.

After that you should be able to get the windows install to recognize the disc or partition you want to install to.

Let me know how you went. It's been a while since I done this stuff.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Hello guys

I am building a new rig now and I've tried to install mac OS on my rig using myHack but because Im using and r9 290x which is not supported so my graphics sucks. 

I have downloaded a iso file of windows 8 from the internet and while I'm on my way of installing Windows I choose the 500gb ssd partition and it said its MRT?( I forgot ) format and it can't be installed. 

I can't wipe or reformat the disk 

How can I reformat it in bios or any other method?

thanks much

in osx 10.10 the 290x is supported out of the box

@Maxwit44

I'm able to use the ISO file and delete the whole Mac os partition and reformat the drive, thanks dude (:

Not A problem Mate, Glad to Help.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.