nexus 5 disable data

chirsdem

I don't have a data plan it I turn off moble dataI cannot use mms but with it on my battery life takes a huge hit due to it trying to do internety stuff, the battery life at least doubles when I turn on wifi.

So I need to turn off the battery draining noncence and still be able to use mms, my old evo just did this by default when I turned off data the nexus is differint

go into the quicktoggles and hit where it shows your cellular signals, hit it so that there is a x over it.

or just disable it in the settings.

go into the quicktoggles and hit where it shows your cellular signals, hit it so that there is a x over it.

or just disable it in the settings.

As I explained in my first post, if I disable Mobile data I cannot use mms, I also tried setting my data limit to zero but this also disables mms

As I explained in my first post, if I disable Mobile data I cannot use mms, I also tried setting my data limit to zero but this also disables mms

custom ROMs have a battery saving feature that is called "smart radio" which basically means if you aren't using browsers and stuff at the moment, it'll switch to a lower cat connection such as 2G to save battery. 

That is an extreme solution, you could also use Snapdragon battery guru to help, but since you have a nexus line, they are so easy to customize your experience, I wouldn't know why you don't want a custom ROM.

custom ROMs have a battery saving feature that is called "smart radio" which basically means if you aren't using browsers and stuff at the moment, it'll switch to a lower cat connection such as 2G to save battery. 

That is an extreme solution, you could also use Snapdragon battery guru to help, but since you have a nexus line, they are so easy to customize your experience, I wouldn't know why you don't want a custom ROM.

chooseing the right cutom rom for me and getting it setup would be too much of a hassle for me right now and I am quite busy with work, also I kinda like haveing the googleyest experience. I would like a simpler solution if possiple

chooseing the right cutom rom for me and getting it setup would be too much of a hassle for me right now and I am quite busy with work, I would like a simpler solution if possiple

then go with the battery guru, but I'd recommend at least a custom kernel since the nexus 5 is basically known for having a potato battery.

Here's the best kernel that would helps the MOST with battery life on your phone, if you do decide to root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-franco-kernel-r53-t2508284