Looking for a cheap Android phone.

DevanArianne

My wife needs a new phone and we want to get her an android one. Out budget is around 80 dollars for a no contract phone. We've done a little research but it's been so long since I've investigated phones that I don't know what is good in this price range. Any suggestions y'all could give would be great.

IT doesn't need to be super powerful or the highest res screen. Just something sturdy and dependable.

there isn't really anything very sturdy or dependable for $80 TBH

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

if you can muster up a little bit more dollars.. the only budget phone that i can recommend is the Moto G.

but if that is too expensive try to find a used galaxy S3 or a Sony Xperia T. these used to be very high end phones a while ago.

the reasoning is that at $80 you are really not getting your moneys worth. just save up or spend a little bit more for a Moto G. that is one of the best android phones around.

also to take note is that motorola is set to release a new version of the moto g. that means the old one will probably drop in price soon. (next month or so)

My wife needs a new phone and we want to get her an android one. Out budget is around 80 dollars for a no contract phone. We've done a little research but it's been so long since I've investigated phones that I don't know what is good in this price range. Any suggestions y'all could give would be great.

IT doesn't need to be super powerful or the highest res screen. Just something sturdy and dependable.

Location? In my locality, you can get a decent phone for around that price, but as everyone else said, it won't be dependable, and there will be compromises everywhere on the thing...

An LG L3 would be the lowest costing one that I can recommend you (since I use one personally)...

there isn't really anything very sturdy or dependable for $80 TBH

there is nothing that is worth the time and money at 80 let alone sturdy and dependable 

dude you didn't follow your post. how would you know some one have reply?

Get $20 more, and get a Moto G from Boost mobile for $100. I got it, and I absolutely love it. Best $100 i've ever spent.

same here

that is the only budget phone that i can recommend. i have used it for over 5 months and my mom is using it now(her first smart phone and she loves it) and i was blow away buy how good it was. and how good it stacked up to the $700 phones. i mean that display man.... even some high end phones does not have that good of a screen. 

dude you didn't follow your post. how would you know some one have reply?

Because enough people quote me that I can check anyway.

Because enough people quote me that I can check anyway.

hmmm....i guess so...  but most of the time OP is not quoted.

Thank you everyone. Think we're gonna go with the moto G, seems the best option for our price range. Able to find it for 75$ :D

Save up a bit more and get the Moto E, G is a bit more expensive than E but E is still reliable.