2k~2.5k Gaming + Stream Rig

Yasukes

Hey guys I am building a new rig mainly for 1080P gaming and game streaming. (planning to upgrade to 4k eventualy once a good fairly priced 24 inch monitor comes out) I had a 3570@ 4.6 + a gtx 670 Windforcex3 rig which i sold (deal was too good to pass it up) my original plan was to wait for Haswell-e ...but so far price dosen't seem worth it for what i'm gonna do with it and a 880 gtx which i was planning to purchase aswell,apparently gonna have same or very close performance to a 780ti (i know we still have to wait for benchemarks). I also don't think its worth for me waiting for broadwell (unless its just to much worth it...) So now i am wondering not only weither i should wait or not .... not that i need it now since i was gonna wait for Haswell-e to begin with. I short i could go Devil's cayon, hawell-e or broadwell if i really want to wait.... not sure whats better/worth i already have a 1Tb Hdd and a NZXT H630 and was planing to buy a NH-D15 to cool w/e chip cuz silence is important for me. I know i've put alot of stuff but advices would be really nice and help me have a better idea of what i should do.... THX !!!!

Get a basic rig that works for now to wait until the 800 series releases. That's my advice.

Agreed with @AlwaysFSX, now it's probably worth it to wait a few months and then get that rig :)

So wait for 800 series ? what about the Cpu wait for Haswell-e aswell ? I don't mind waiting i have a laptop to use to wait but is it worth it ? I guess only benchmarks could awnser that right ?

So wait for 800 series ? what about the Cpu wait for Haswell-e aswell ? I don't mind waiting i have a laptop to use to wait but is it worth it ? I guess only benchmarks could awnser that right ?

Haswell-E is going to be EXPENSIVE as a mofo man :(

It doesn't matter that there's a cheaper version of Haswell-E, the motherboard will still cost around $800 at least, because of their support for DDR4(which is going to be also very expensive at first).

With 2011-3 there we will have 3 brand new product trees(?) basically, the CPU, Mobo chipset and DDR4 RAM... it's gonna be expensive, like Titan Z expensive or even more...

*from all the videos, websites, etc.:

Gigabyte mobo: £299 ~ £249 (from overclock.net)

RAM: $250~$500

CPU: (from wccftech.com)

5820K $300~$350

5930K $550

5960X $999

So even if you bought the cheapest from each category, just these three parts will cost you about $900... think about it :D

I know its going to be expensive .... that's not much of a issue aslong as its worth it which i am wondering .... i want a i7 100% but there's Devils cayon right now which would be the cheapest to obtain, vs haswell-e which is at least double de price ... but is the performance that you get out of it makes that much of difference ? In my case probably not since I'm gonna use it mainly for gaming + streaming .... and broadwell is due for around holidays so far and its about 5% faster than current gen ....

The more i think about it even if i am trying to find all the reasons to go 2011 i just don't have any valid ones and broawell .... meh not sure if i want to wait that long ... so far im leaning towards building a 4790k...

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($154.26 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($459.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($459.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $2074.17

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-17 13:45 EDT-0400