Video Playback Issues With My Laptop - Please Help!

MeesterJackson
Go to solution Solved by majiinpride,

##

Ok, so this is seriously slowly getting on my nerves. I bought a brand new Laptop several months ago, it was one of the most popular ones that Best Buy had to offer and I also personally liked the specs (and for the fact it was an ASUS one). 

But pretty much ever since I got it video playback on this thing is generally a nightmare on anything besides YouTube (kind of) and Daily Motion (and sort of Netflix, but the keyword is sort of). 

Firstly, with YouTube HD video playback is typically fine, however, when I try to multitask (lets say I want to listen to music on YouTube and browse the internet) I simply can't do it most of the time. YouTube will take priority, and the other tab that I am trying to browse the internet with either never loads when I'm trying to go on another page or it loads SLOWLY. I typically also get the "experiencing interruptions" blue box on YouTube as well when this happens as sometimes both the page and the YouTube video will both not load/stop playing and buffer.

Secondly with Netflix, sometimes either the audio de-sync's or I have buffering issues (these are more rare, but still, with 55DL and 35UL on Verizon FIOS this shouldn't be an issue). 

Finally, the biggest offender. Say for example I want to watch an anime or a movie on a site, NONE of the players load or they buffer SO slowly that I literally refuse to wait that long for it to buffer the video (it literally seems like it's moving by centimeters). I've gotten lucky a couple of times (which is rare mind you) where this doesn't happen. 

None of these issues happen to my desktop (which is wired, not wireless though obviously using the same router), actually now that I think about it, sometimes video playback on my Xbox One/360 isn't exactly smooth either for streaming media like Netflix or the WWE Network as well, though not as bad as the Laptop. 

Now at this point, you may be saying "Oh it's probably something to do with his router" the problem with that is that my smartphone runs on WiFi from the same router as well and it is typically BLAZING fast, now I'm not sure if it's because phones don't need much wireless power to play video's, but still it's weird. 

What do you guys think the issue is? With my internet speeds I shouldn't be having ANY playback issues at all with anything, and yes, also the router does have a security code on it as well. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-black/2991012.p?id=1219085428591& This is the Laptop I own. 

Also for even further info, my friend recently bought the same exact Laptop, and everything works PERFECTLY fine for him. 

Perhaps the wireless card is just shit.

Also that is a very sexy laptop :3

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Perhaps the wireless card is just shit.

Also that is a very sexy laptop :3

That doesn't make sense, how do YouTube and Daily Motion videos play so easily in full HD then? (specifically when I'm not trying to do multiple things at once). Unless you're referring to the router itself. 

Thanks. 

That doesn't make sense, how do YouTube and Daily Motion videos play so easily in full HD then? (specifically when I'm not trying to do multiple things at once). Unless you're referring to the router itself. 

Thanks. 

Have you tried updating the laptops wireless drivers?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Your wireless card is not shit.

1. Which internet browser do you use?

2. Did you update your wireless lan driver?

3. Is your w-lan channel correctly assigned for your laptop? 

4. Did you check your router settings?

Chrome, the same things happen to FireFox as well if I remember correctly. 

I guess I didn't?...

Not sure. 

Nope. 

Could you update your driver?

I did update it, it didn't work. Something that I found out though, was that the Verizon router I have only supports up to 25Mbps DN/UP apparently. I have FIOS and again I have roughly 55 down and 35ish up. So could this be an issue for some things (especially watching live 1080p streams with the Xbox)? Yes. However as to how 25 isn't enough to watch some damn Anime in HD or even standard quality on most popular video players is BS. So I still don't know what's wrong. 

Don't be frustrated and relax yourself.

Uninstall your current driver and install the one from ASUS's website (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Q501LA&p=3&s=522). Restart and try again.

Ok, one I don't know how to uninstall my current driver, two, when i tried to download that it wouldn't download as the driver that was given on ASUS's site is not up to date and my driver was a newer version.

-snip- 

Yyyyyeeeaaaaahhhhhhh......Apparently the basic WiFi adapter works better than Intel's crap software...LOL