addicted to hardware?

with DDR4 comming and the new intel chipsets i kinda wished i had waited but on the other hand i know it would be only a 5%-10% performance boost....but i still can't get over looking at that tech...it's just sooo smexy and then i tell myself "oh i should have gone with *insert other hardware here*" anyone else do this?

Well, @Faceman's avatar is clearly addicted to his hardware.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well, @Faceman's avatar is clearly addicted to his hardware.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

"Oh the new Nvidia 800 series are comming out. I wonder for how much i could sell my GTX 770 for."

"Oh the new Z97 chipset is out. I kind of like the new look of motherboard X and the TIM under Haswell chips was terrible anyways."

"Haven't upgraded in a long time, maybe I'll just buy fans for no reason and put them in my case."

I have been through these and many others but my wallet says no and she has allways been right so far. :D

who cares...

I used to do so with some things, you just need to consider that even if you had gotten all the new stuff after a couple of months you would have thought the same thing. DDR4 probably won't be a better choice than ddr3 for another couple of years and your cpu is still epic enough that you really wouldn't notice the difference when gaming and doing non-professional tasks. I learned the lesson a few months in and now I feel 0 need to upgrade from my i7 2600 (I kind of wish I had gone for a full atx motherboard though but it's not a big deal, I can still do pretty much whatever I want with it, I just get a few less expansion slots).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

oooh yes............................................. just built my pc and already i want to play around with new parts for different looks :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

oooh yes............................................. just built my pc and already i have play around with new parts for different looks :P

pretty much

I bought my computer and then a month or so after DDR3 was released.

I'm not mad because i've had my build since 2006 and its running flawlessly.

It even survived a short circuit, all I had to do was buy a cooling case and it works wonders to this day.

It's pretty amazing because i've run it all day every day for a long time.

You shouldn't worry about having to buy new hardware because custom built computers outperform any you find at the store.

oooh yes............................................. just built my pc and already i want to play around with new parts for different looks :P

Oooh the memories. Built my PC last year around this time.

Wait for a bit until you are willing to mod your PC parts, risking to void warranty. That'll be fun. I recently plasti dipped my motherboard. :D

Also:

More Fans

Carbon Fibre Stickers

Cable sleeving

Spray painting

GPU Backplates

Fan controllers

LEDs

Just listing random crap that doesn't improve performance at all but looks amazing! :D

who cares...

Oooh the memories. Built my PC last year around this time.

Wait for a bit until you are willing to mod your PC parts, risking to void warranty. That'll be fun. I recently plasti dipped my motherboard. :D

Also:

More Fans

Carbon Fibre Stickers

Cable sleeving

Spray painting

GPU Backplates

Fan controllers

LEDs

Just listing random crap that doesn't improve performance at all but looks amazing! :D

oh im covered, i plan on replacing my current noctua fans with the industrial line which means 6 more fans, i want to replace my cpu be quiet air cooler with the corsair H100 something 280mm one simply because i want a more clean open area and i want to replace my ram with the ballistic tracer ram for those LED's, i want a second LED strip so that i can my my current RGB strip back to use it on breath and red to glow through the cable management grommets , a new PSU, the RM 1000watt and sleeved cables for it, 2 4 or 6tb HDD's not because i need the space just because they would look cool in raid in my Air 540.

I also plan on replacing the window on my case with a glass one custom made, also yes i wanna either get a more black mobo or plasti dip it....

oh im covered, i plan on replacing my current noctua fans with the industrial line which means 6 more fans, i want to replace my cpu be quiet air cooler with the corsair H100 something 280mm one simply because i want a more clean open area and i want to replace my ram with the ballistic tracer ram for those LED's, i want a second LED strip so that i can my my current RGB strip back to use it on breath and red to glow through the cable management grommets , a new PSU, the RM 1000watt and sleeved cables for it, 2 4 or 6tb HDD's not because i need the space just because they would look cool in raid in my Air 540.

I also plan on replacing the window on my case with a glass one custom made, also yes i wanna either get a more black mobo or plasti dip it....

Oh wow, you're going to places! :)

That is very much what i thought of when i bought a H220 to replace my Dark Rock 2 back then. Turns out that pump noise is my nemesis which converted me back over to air cooling for good. It's a big sacrifice because i was planning to get...

...more clearance around my CPU area to show off that sexy Avexir LED RAM that i was gonna replace my Corsair vengeance RAM with. But with the average income of a student (nill) my PC isn't going anywhere so i decided to stick with air cooling and cheap upgrades like fans and coloring shit.

And as i see noise isn't that big of an issue for you with thise industrial fans? I think your PC will be beast! :)

Also:

NZXT Hue. (might even end up getting one, it's just 40 bucks)

EVGA Supernova G2 +  Sleeved cable set (just an alternative)

who cares...

Oh wow, you're going to places! :)

That is very much what i thought of when i bought a H220 to replace my Dark Rock 2 back then. Turns out that pump noise is my nemesis which converted me back over to air cooling for good. It's a big sacrifice because i was planning to get...

...more clearance around my CPU area to show off that sexy Avexir LED RAM that i was gonna replace my Corsair vengeance RAM with. But with the average income of a student (nill) my Build wouldn't go anywhere so i decided to stick with air cooling and cheap upgrades like fans and coloring shit.

And as i see noise isn't that big of an issue for your with thise industrial fans? I think your PC will be beast! :)

Also:

NZXT Hue. (might even end up getting one, it's just 40 bucks)

EVGA Supernova G2 +  Sleeved cable set (just an alternative)

i have one industrial fan, its dead silent :D silence is key so i bought one to try it out

the hue is cool, got one, its not as bright as some strips tho i hear but more than i need

i have one industrial fan, its dead silent :D silence is key so i bought one to try it out

the hue is cool, got one, its not as bright as some strips tho i hear but more than i need

Oh wow. How did you manage that? Even when mounted behind, say a fan filter or mesh? All the Videos and tests that i have seen state that it's relativeley low noise @ 5V but goes like a jet when increasing dem volts. I might stick with bequiet stuff either way because i will stick with poor people air cooling anyways. :D

That lower brightness is actually good. I saw it even has brightnes modes but too much light is bad anyways. I used to own 2 120 mm LED strips (red and white) and i used to mix and match them around my case. Meanwhile i have cut them down quite a lot for a more underglow effect. Might actually get a Hue for said effect in different colors.

who cares...

Oh wow. How did you manage that? Even when mounted behind, say a fan filter or mesh? All the Videos and tests that i have seen state that it's relativeley low noise @ 5V but goes like a jet when increasing dem volts. I might stick with bequiet stuff either way because i will stick with poor people air cooling anyways. :D

That lower brightness is actually good. I saw it even has brightnes modes but too much light is bad anyways. I used to own 2 120 mm LED strips (red and white) and i used to mix and match them around my case. Meanwhile i have cut them down quite a lot for a more underglow effect. Might actually get a Hue for said effect in different colors.

im running it off my cpu opt header which is set to silent on my mobo, its sharing this connectiong with a corsair sp silent that i wanted to test for sound aswell, and its dead silent, BUT when i start my computer and bios hasnt yet sent the commands its LOUD AS FUCK :D

im running it off my cpu opt header which is set to silent on my mobo, its sharing this connectiong with a corsair sp silent that i wanted to test for sound aswell, and its dead silent, BUT when i start my computer and bios hasnt yet sent the commands its LOUD AS FUCK :D

Very interesting. I might be abled to achieve something with my T-Balancer but the thing is that i bought said T-balancer for the price of one of those industrial fans and i can buy a Hue for not much more. In fact i would need at least 3 of these fans. :D

Being short on money sucks! I'll plasti dip my DVD drive tomorrow out of self-pity. :P

who cares...

i like cpu's and motherboards best not too fussed about ram, gpu's, cases or psu's

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016