Display BlackMagic

A_Wild_SkyBear
Go to solution Solved by elecxonica,

Windows 7 and the Nvidia driver both show the resolution for the screen but nothing is displayed. It doesnt work with any other tech

The display may be faulty in that case, which is a shame.

I'm not sure how much help Ill receive from this but I'm desperate. I'm almost done with one of the coolest mods Ive seen (Ill upload build log when I'm done). I bought one of these displays: http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:L:OC:US:3160

I plugged it into my GTX 550tI as a second screen using a mini HDMI to full HDMI, and as my main monitor I'm using a Westinghouse 27inch 1080p. When the display is plugged in the back light illuminates, but no image is shown, and then the brightness starts throbbing. My computer and even my Nvidia setting recognize the monitor but nothing is displayed.

I really need help, I have no idea what to do or where to go and hoped that I would find help here (as you guys tend to be excessively helpful).

Please help.

-Just to clarify the smaller display (the one i bought from the link isnt displaying video)

Have you tried unplugging the Western House display? You machine may be trying to display only on the primary display.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Have you tried unplugging the Western House display? You machine may be trying to display only on the primary display.

yes, and the small screen still shows no image

yes, and the small screen still shows no image

Does it show up in the resolution settings? Also, does it work with any sort of other device?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Does it show up in the resolution settings? Also, does it work with any sort of other device?

Windows 7 and the Nvidia driver both show the resolution for the screen but nothing is displayed. It doesnt work with any other tech

The display may be faulty in that case, which is a shame.

Garrus - HP Stream 11