new build and AMD GPU drivers are not working..

Taz9400
Go to solution Solved by Taz9400,

Okay if anyone is having problems with their drivers from AMD, here is what i did. close all applications, go into your downloads and find all versions of the amd installer or down-loader and delete them. then i went into C: and went into the AMD folder and then went into Support, once inside you need to delete the Win7,8,8.1 file or what ever it looks like. then i just went back to AMD website and did my driver download again. with that it worked fine. Don't know if it will work for everyone but it worked for my R9 290's.

I have just built my first computer and it is running with two Radeon r9 290s but the issue is that i cant update the video drivers and i have no clue why. i open up catalyst install  and then i click express then it gets halfway and it gets "failed to load detection driver" I click the "view log" button and see

Existing Packages

AMD Catalyst Install Manager

AMD Display Driver

HDMI Audio Driver

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x64)

AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding

AMD Catalyst Control Center

ACP Application

AMD Gaming Evolved App

Other Devices

Error Message 

Failed to load detection driver

(guys i have no clue what to do.. this build has been giving me problems and i just want it to be done soon.

You aren't trying to install it in safe mode are you? This error will occur if you attempt to install the AMD drivers in safe mode

try to download the drivers from AMD website, not Catalyst control center

Well while i was installing the catalyst installer (which is what AMD says you use for the drivers) my computer screen has frozen while downloading... *facepalm* the stress.

and ctrl alt delete didnt do a thing... ugh.

edit: btw im using Windows 8.1 on that machine if it makes any difference..

yeah, mine have been giving me shit all day.
That is three bluescreens and an outright failure to work in SLI for BF3/4.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

yeah, mine have been giving me shit all day.

That is three bluescreens and an outright failure to work in SLI for BF3/4.

i just got my driver to update. what Gpu are you using?

Okay if anyone is having problems with their drivers from AMD, here is what i did. close all applications, go into your downloads and find all versions of the amd installer or down-loader and delete them. then i went into C: and went into the AMD folder and then went into Support, once inside you need to delete the Win7,8,8.1 file or what ever it looks like. then i just went back to AMD website and did my driver download again. with that it worked fine. Don't know if it will work for everyone but it worked for my R9 290's.

i have two r7 260xs, i am just going to fresh install windows 8.1, and be done with it.

But if it happens again, i will try this thanks!

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!