HDCP?

KrutoyEegrok

I recently bought an AverMedia Live Gamer HD to record and stream my PS4. I stream using OBS, so, just like anybody else, I add a new source in OBS, I select video capture device, and then select the avermedia. The problem is, when I preview the stream, or start streaming, it says HDCP on the screen instead of showing the PS4 screen. I do not know what is wrong. I have all the avermedia software and stuff and I tried everything I could think of (which was not much because I do not know why this happens or what it means aside from the fact that it stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Copyright Protection. Please help!! Thanks ahead of time.

Did you update to the latest firmware?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I recently bought an AverMedia Live Gamer HD to record and stream my PS4. I stream using OBS, so, just like anybody else, I add a new source in OBS, I select video capture device, and then select the avermedia. The problem is, when I preview the stream, or start streaming, it says HDCP on the screen instead of showing the PS4 screen. I do not know what is wrong. I have all the avermedia software and stuff and I tried everything I could think of (which was not much because I do not know why this happens or what it means aside from the fact that it stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Copyright Protection. Please help!! Thanks ahead of time.

Update to the latest PS4 firmware if you haven't already

then

Settings -> System -> HDCP -> Off

"Rawr XD"