VGA to HDMI...

HypeReemz
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

I recently got given this an LG FLATRON WW2252TQ, it has one D-Sub and one DVI-D and I was wondering if a KanaaN HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter would work, This is probably a really easy question to answer but being not very good on inputs and outputs it's hard for me. So any answers would be appreciated. 

What are you trying to do?

If you're trying to connect your PC to the monitor, don't use an HDMI to VGA adapter. Use a DVI to VGA adapter if your video card supports it, or an HDMI to DVI adapter. HDMI to VGA requires an active converter which is very expensive and sacrifices some visual quality.

DVI-I on PC -> DVI to VGA adapter -> VGA cable -> Monitor

HDMI on PC -> HDMI to DVI adapter -> DVI cable -> Monitor

I recently got given this an LG FLATRON WW2252TQ, it has one D-Sub and one DVI-D and I was wondering if a KanaaN HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter would work, This is probably a really easy question to answer but being not very good on inputs and outputs it's hard for me. So any answers would be appreciated. 

What are you trying to do?

If you're trying to connect your PC to the monitor, don't use an HDMI to VGA adapter. Use a DVI to VGA adapter if your video card supports it, or an HDMI to DVI adapter. HDMI to VGA requires an active converter which is very expensive and sacrifices some visual quality.

DVI-I on PC -> DVI to VGA adapter -> VGA cable -> Monitor

HDMI on PC -> HDMI to DVI adapter -> DVI cable -> Monitor

"Rawr XD"

which one are you planning to connect to where? would like that a bit clearer

or do as he tells you above!

Generally i try to avoid vga cables, use  DVI and HDMI as often as you can, they are a bit better of the connectors, but if you got no other choice VGA will do the job

This Post Was Brought To You By Internet Explorer