Undentified Network

IoWii
Go to solution Solved by Wyre,

go to the search prompt and type CMD. Hold the left shift key and click cmd.exe. This will open command prompt as administrator.

while in this window - reboot the modem and wait for it to sync up. A lot of modems (especially cable modems) will not allow a new mac address to connect to the network if they are not familiar with the MAC address of the end device.

in the command prompt type the following commands:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release all

ipconfig /renew all

in theory this should get you up and running. report back if it does not.

also please post the modem, and router make and model. that will be helpful.

Hello!

So we decided to get a new internet provider. So after all that cable stuff, they hooked our new modem up and connected it with a cable to my dads PC, there everything worked fine, internet was up and running.
Since the modem is in my room, i decided i will just hook up the cable from the modem to my PC, the lights on the connector are flashing, and the modem light too. Then on my PC it sad Undentified Network. I went to command prompt and typed in ''ipconfig'' and on the IPv4 tab i got the ''169.... '' number, which if im correct means that my PC cant ''talk'' to the modem. What is the problem in this case now?

Nejc

Clear the setting from the IPv4 tab and let it autodetect. You may have the wrong settings there.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Off Topic

Woahhhh! A new guy.....welcome man welcome to the LTT. Be productive and share your personality with us all.......unless you are annoying then keep it to yourself.......

On Topic

ipconfig only give you the configuration of you IP and nothing else. To fix this problem you need to do is disable your Network Connections, meaning Local Area and Wireless Network, then enable them again, most of the times this works. Then do a restart of your system. The problem maybe on modem connected to your PC as well so do a reboot of the modem by taking out any batteries and unplug all wires to the modem and leave it unplugged for a minute or two then plugging all the wires back in. 

Now if the problem still persists you may need to re-configure the ip settings in the registry via the command prompt with this code..... netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt then click enter and do a PC reboot. Make sure you type it in just as i put it or it won't work.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thanks for the reply.
I did everything you two sad, still doesnt work. The modem cant be the problem because im using this new internet on my dads pc and everything is working fine.
I've checked the videos on Youtube on how to get this work properly, everyone went to the properties of Local Area Connection, and to the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), there they clicked install and clicked Protocol and they had Reliable mutlicast Protocol which my dad has aswell on this PC, but i dont have have it on my own PC, is that why its not working?

Thanks for the reply.

I did everything you two sad, still doesnt work. The modem cant be the problem because im using this new internet on my dads pc and everything is working fine.

I've checked the videos on Youtube on how to get this work properly, everyone went to the properties of Local Area Connection, and to the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), there they clicked install and clicked Protocol and they had Reliable mutlicast Protocol which my dad has aswell on this PC, but i dont have have it on my own PC, is that why its not working?

What is your OS and Firewall? Have you rebooted the modem to your PC? Do you have Obtain an IP address automatically in your TCP/IPv4 Properties? Link me the video of the Reliable Multicast Protocol.

go to the search prompt and type CMD. Hold the left shift key and click cmd.exe. This will open command prompt as administrator.

while in this window - reboot the modem and wait for it to sync up. A lot of modems (especially cable modems) will not allow a new mac address to connect to the network if they are not familiar with the MAC address of the end device.

in the command prompt type the following commands:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release all

ipconfig /renew all

in theory this should get you up and running. report back if it does not.

also please post the modem, and router make and model. that will be helpful.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Its working now! I had to flush the DNS, thanks for the replys :))!

Great.

Glad that we were able to help.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC