Knife Got Scammed in CS:GO - Any Chance that I could get it back?

DanielTheBest

Hey guys. 

Today I was looking to trade my knife with someone, and we struck a deal. 

Sadly, though, he pulled a fast one and got my knife. 

I already submitted a complaint against him telling the story, but do you think there is any chance I could get my knife back?

I have the evidence that he scammed me; plus valve could look at the chat and trade records. 

Also, if there is a chance I could get my knife back, where would I go to?

And that's why you don't trade knifes. People are fucking scumbags.

All trades and sales are final. You're not getting that knife back.

Actually, I researched it, and some people have gotten their knives back after a scam. 

Sadly, though, it's very uncommon. ):

Actually, I researched it, and some people have gotten their knives back after a scam. 

this guy got scammed

Just how do you get a knife scammed? don't both parties have to agree to trade.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

One of my friends had a Russian trader send them a bad trade link which required him to log into his account. He then hijacked my friends account and took all his knives guns steam gifts etc. Volvo was kind enough to give him his stuff back. Unfortunately in your case I don't think they will return your items.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will not get it back. Steam support is potato -- especially when it comes to scams in the marketplace/trades, since you have to literally click 3 times to finalize it, and it's your fault for clicking 3 times without checking.

did you try selling it over paypal or something both of you have to tick the box to confirm the trade and if he removes any item from the trade the box auto unticks its self

One of my friends had a Russian trader send them a bad trade link which required him to log into his account. He then hijacked my friends account and took all his knives guns steam gifts etc. Volvo was kind enough to give him his stuff back. Unfortunately in your case I don't think they will return your items.

thats his fault, always check urls

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

thats his fault, always check urls

It was steamcornmunity.com in the steam chat the n looks like an m. It could have easily fooled anyone. Regardless he was still able to get his stuff back.

It was steamcornmunity.com in the steam chat the n looks like an m. It could have easily fooled anyone. Regardless he was still able to get his stuff back.

thats easy to spot... its like the fake half life 3 site http://store.stearnpowered.com/app/246720/ (now just redirects you)

HL3%20fake.jpg

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

still there would be no reason to sign in to that site to trade

did this not tip him off? 124639a95a6732da8e2c8bca0ab42730.png

thats easy to spot... its like the fake half life 3 site 

Yeah... Never said he was smart. I try to avoid trading as much as possible. I would much rather use the marketplace over trading any day.

Yeah... Never said he was smart. I try to avoid trading as much as possible. I would much rather use the marketplace over trading any day.

yupyup

did this not tip him off? 124639a95a6732da8e2c8bca0ab42730.png

I guess not haha. Some of the people I know aren't very smart.

This is what I wrote to Valve: 

So..... First I want to say that I was terribly stupid when doing this trade, and  it was my first trade ever. Anyway, this player who I am reporting scammed me of my CS:GO knife. I had a bayonet knife, and this player pulled a quick one and I lost it. Below, I will provide evidence of the scam using pictures. Sadly, though, I lost all proof of the chat because I quit steam in a fit of rage.

http://imgur.com/r1ZG7P4 - Alright, here is a picture of me starting the trade off. I was going to purpose all of those items, including the knife, to get that one m4a4 Howl.

http://imgur.com/G7GLO7y - After a little while of chatting, he sent me a trade invite and told me to accept. I instantly thought that he meant that he was accepting the offer. I accepted it. After a tiny bit, though, I realized that he had switched out the M4a4 with another gun. 

http://imgur.com/IKXMwOR - Once I realized this, I begged him to please return my knife to me. I sent him a trade offer, but he didn't accept it. Instead, he sent me another trade offer. 

http://imgur.com/ZzUWLxC - I glanced over the trade, and everything seemed alright to me. I then clicked accept offer, and he got his gun back and I got all my guns back as well. At this I was very happy, but I then soon realized that he had not inclued the Bayonet knife with the trade. Now, he had gotten his gun back to him, as well as stole my knife. 
http://i.imgur.com/7pikEay.png - I checked his inventory, and as you can see in the picture, there is my knife. 
If there is anyway that you could get my knife back to me, please either contact me via steam or via email. By the way, if in case you need to know, the time the trade happened was August 12, 2014 at about 6:30 PTS. Also, my Steam name is ***************
Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day. 

This is what I wrote to Valve: 

So..... First I want to say that I was terribly stupid when doing this trade, and  it was my first trade ever. Anyway, this player who I am reporting scammed me of my CS:GO knife. I had a bayonet knife, and this player pulled a quick one and I lost it. Below, I will provide evidence of the scam using pictures. Sadly, though, I lost all proof of the chat because I quit steam in a fit of rage.

http://imgur.com/r1ZG7P4 - Alright, here is a picture of me starting the trade off. I was going to purpose all of those items, including the knife, to get that one m4a4 Howl.

http://imgur.com/G7GLO7y - After a little while of chatting, he sent me a trade invite and told me to accept. I instantly thought that he meant that he was accepting the offer. I accepted it. After a tiny bit, though, I realized that he had switched out the M4a4 with another gun. 

http://imgur.com/IKXMwOR - Once I realized this, I begged him to please return my knife to me. I sent him a trade offer, but he didn't accept it. Instead, he sent me another trade offer. 

http://imgur.com/ZzUWLxC - I glanced over the trade, and everything seemed alright to me. I then clicked accept offer, and he got his gun back and I got all my guns back as well. At this I was very happy, but I then soon realized that he had not inclued the Bayonet knife with the trade. Now, he had gotten his gun back to him, as well as stole my knife. 
http://i.imgur.com/7pikEay.png - I checked his inventory, and as you can see in the picture, there is my knife. 
If there is anyway that you could get my knife back to me, please either contact me via steam or via email. By the way, if in case you need to know, the time the trade happened was August 12, 2014 at about 6:30 PTS. Also, my Steam name is ***************
Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day. 

So you traded with a 3rd party web site GG i am sure the steam rules say your are not aloud to do this in the first place if so i don't think valve will do anything for you

I know dude. This really sucks. You are going to have to learn from this mistake so that it never happens again. I remember the first time I got "scammed" when I was a little nubblet playing runescape. I fell for the "I will double your money" trick ever since then I am always cautious when trading with people.

So you traded with a 3rd party web site GG i am sure the steam rules say your are not aloud to do this in the first place if so i don't think valve will do anything for you

??

As you can see from those pictures, I on was on the official CS:GO trading forums.  

??

As you can see from those pictures, I on was on the official CS:GO trading forums.  

yeah but its still a third party site right? is it made by valve?