Just bought a 780.. 2500k bottleneck

mechanicalfluff

Finally I'm up on the times for computer parts.. Bought myself a 780 today. I'm curious to know if i'll be bottlenecking from my 2500k. It's oc'd to 4.9ghz. I doubt it, but it's always good to make sure! 

I do know that I won't be able to take advantage of the full 384 bit bus, but I'm not too sure how much that will affect me.

Thanks guys

I don't think that an i5 or i7 will bottleneck a card, as long as it's a Quadcore it wont

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I don't think that an i5 or i7 will bottleneck a card, as long as it's a Quadcore it wont

Awesome man, thanks. Time to take the 2 hour ride to Yonkers, NY MicroCenter to pick it up..

Let's just hope I don't die in a car accident out of excitement on my way home XP

Awesome man, thanks. Time to take the 2 hour ride to Yonkers, NY MicroCenter to pick it up..

Let's just hope I don't die in a car accident out of excitement on my way home XP

Do Not open it in the car on the ride home because you will seriously get distracted and crash XP

I dont think it will. The only thing that will be bottlenecked it the cpu. There will always be bottlenecks in a system the goal is minimizing them as much as possible

I'm really curious though. What are your max temps on your 2500k with your h220?

I'm really curious though. What are your max temps on your 2500k with your h220?

Max temp i could get with p95 is 79 after about a full day. H220 is a baws system. Under normal use and even gaming I only have the pwm set to 20% (~1200rpm) and it doesn't get above high 50's. Gets into the mid 60's when i'm rendering at 20% as well.

If you're looking for a cooler, totally spend the 130 on an h220, best investment i've made (beside the 780) in my rig.

No bottle necks here :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Max temp i could get with p95 is 79 after about a full day. H220 is a baws system. Under normal use and even gaming I only have the pwm set to 20% (~1200rpm) and it doesn't get above high 50's. Gets into the mid 60's when i'm rendering at 20% as well.

If you're looking for a cooler, totally spend the 130 on an h220, best investment i've made (beside the 780) in my rig.

That is awesome man. You should try to get your 2500k to 5.0ghz just so you can be a total badass for having a everyday use chip at 5.0ghz haha

That is awesome man. You should try to get your 2500k to 5.0ghz just so you can be a total badass for having a everyday use chip at 5.0ghz haha

i got it to 5.2ghz stable(ish), but it gets a little funky after super hard usage. 

i got it to 5.2ghz stable(ish), but it gets a little funky after super hard usage. 

Oh lawdy, I hope my 2500k will overclock to 4.9 a little better, pushing 1.5 there mate, mines @4.8 with 1.36

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Congrat on your purchase :) just notice $800 price tag

Congrat on your purchase :) just notice $800 price tag

lol nah, it was only $649, i'd pass for over $800. Thank you though