Corsair H80I LED Problem

Yeah yeah I know its not real water cooling...

But I have this problem where the Red LED Light on my H80I doesn't work properly, when I turn on my PC its there absolutely fine but after some time it just goes off, no idea why, using link software it will do the other colours, just not the red, if I change multiple RGB sliders it will only register the new color based on the non-red sliders, it completely disregards the red like its not even there.

I don't want to RMA it just for an LED thats not working but likewise I would like to get it working as it looks pretty damn cool when working, any ideas?

It's real water cooling. It's just closed. That's it. Have you simply tried reinstalling the link software? I'm not familiar with link all that much - does it run in the background at all?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For issues with corsair stuff you will have a lot more luck in the corsair forums.

Look out for a user called "Ram Guy" listen to anything and everything he says.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Hello, this happened to me back in January... Went through all of the corsair support stuff and eventually was told to go through the RMA process. I had to pay for it to be ship it from the UK to the Netherlands as this was the closest, Got my second one about 3 weeks later, works perfectly. Good Luck!

Hello, this happened to me back in January... Went through all of the corsair support stuff and eventually was told to go through the RMA process. I had to pay for it to be ship it from the UK to the Netherlands as this was the closest, Got my second one about 3 weeks later, works perfectly. Good Luck!

Sounds like a lot of hassle just for an LED to work, a great shame really, I was kinda hoping it was just a glitch that can be fixed easy but I guess I'll just have to live with it, thanks for the help.

Sounds like a lot of hassle just for an LED to work, a great shame really, I was kinda hoping it was just a glitch that can be fixed easy but I guess I'll just have to live with it, thanks for the help.

It still might be under warranty from the retailer. If it is new. Call them up and ask. You could get a replacement in a few days.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It still might be under warranty from the retailer. If it is new. Call them up and ask. You could get a replacement in a few days.

True, the problem from my end though is that to do that I need to open up my PC take it off and then eaither sit around using my laptop for a few days or apply new thermal paste and a spare cooler (if I even have any, think I have an old Akasa tower cooler that should fit) just to use my PC, only to take it off when the new lot comes, to be honest considering my RMA record with the place of sale (they seam to have a habit of dragging things out quite dramatically) I might just put it in my second rig when thats built (will be a audio editing PC so will have fully soundproofed sidepanels hiding the cooling anyway) and then look into a custom loop for my main PC now I have a big enough case, but thanks for the advice, I might phone them up and see what they can do about it and if its not going to be a great deal of pain I'll send it back.

True, the problem from my end though is that to do that I need to open up my PC take it off and then eaither sit around using my laptop for a few days or apply new thermal paste and a spare cooler (if I even have any, think I have an old Akasa tower cooler that should fit) just to use my PC, only to take it off when the new lot comes, to be honest considering my RMA record with the place of sale (they seam to have a habit of dragging things out quite dramatically) I might just put it in my second rig when thats built (will be a audio editing PC so will have fully soundproofed sidepanels hiding the cooling anyway) and then look into a custom loop for my main PC now I have a big enough case, but thanks for the advice, I might phone them up and see what they can do about it and if its not going to be a great deal of pain I'll send it back.

Don't you still have your stock intel/amd heat sink? If not grab a ~£20 air cooler. They always come in handy. For example now. :D

Don't you still have your stock intel/amd heat sink? If not grab a ~£20 air cooler. They always come in handy. For example now. :D

Ahh yeah thats a good point, theres loads of them around here, I'm guessing anything back to Core 2 Duo should fit in 1155, guess I'll find out soon, might buy a cheap tower cooler or find the one I know I got here somewhere anyway, don't like my temps with those stock heatsinks

Ahh yeah thats a good point, theres loads of them around here, I'm guessing anything back to Core 2 Duo should fit in 1155, guess I'll find out soon, might buy a cheap tower cooler or find the one I know I got here somewhere anyway, don't like my temps with those stock heatsinks

As long as you don't overclock the stock heat sink is designed to keep the CPU temps under control. ;)

As long as you don't overclock the stock heat sink is designed to keep the CPU temps under control. ;)

Yeah, I think I was hitting 90 Degrees C last time I used one though, especially with Ivybridge temps being higher than usual anyway I think I'll use a tower cooler, found this old Akasa one, its pretty neat mounts via the same methods as the Intel stock cooler.