Help in recording gameplay

anyone know how to separately record skype and mic from game audio?

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

You mean record your microphone and NOT the game? Well just mute the game and record you audio with whatever program you use. Or if you want both just record your game and put audio over it later. Oooor you could run the game audio low in the background of the recording....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

You mean record your microphone and NOT the game? Well just mute the game and record you audio with whatever program you use. Or if you want both just record your game and put audio over it later. Oooor you could run the game audio low in the background of the recording....

no. i want an audio file for mic, for audio and for game.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

Audacity!

Have two windows open one recording mic and the other recording your stero mix (if set up which would be what you'd here from your speakers/headset)

However, you're looking to record skype and the game speratly which  doesn't quite fall into thoes catagorys (sorry firefox can't spell check on this forum for some reason -_-)

I'm not sure you can record based on applications with Audacity. I'll look further into it though.

Get Virtual Audio Cable

Create a VAC channel for Default Audio (make sure the game is pointing to it)
Create a VAC channel for Default Communication (make sure Skype, Comms, ect is pointed to it)

Make sure both VACs are pointing to your sound card so you can actually hear something whilst you play

Set up Dxtory to record the VACs and your mic as separate channels

Premiere and Vegas will see the separate channels and allow you to mix them independently

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900