New Gaming and Editing Build

The Robot
Go to solution Solved by TopplesS,

<snippity>

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $89.99) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (Purchased For $146.99) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $74.99) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($459.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1551.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-10 23:34 EDT-0400

Went with MSI because $$$, also squeezed in a 780 while going slightly over budget. Feel free to drop to a 770 (non-ROG) if you want to keep it strictly under budget. Also went with a 450D because $$$, but again if you want to change it back you can.

I will be starting my build in the upcoming weeks, but before I started I wanted to see what fellow tech enthusiasts think. I want to build a system for light to medium gaming and video editing. I have around a $1500 budget not including any peripherals or operating systems.

Build Hardware:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150                                                                                                (Not Purchased)
  • CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i                                                                                                                       (Purchased $89.99)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO                                                                                       (Not Purchased)
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIKER-GTX760-P-4GD5                                                                                              (Not Purchased)
  • CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black)                                                                                                                (Not Purchased)
  • MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz                                     (Purchased $146.99)
  • HDD: WD Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal                                                                        (Purchased $69.99)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 2.5-inch SATA 120GB                                                                                            (Purchased $74.99)
  • PSU: Corsair AX760 ATX Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum                                                                              (Not Purchased)
  • PSU CABLES: Professional Series AX850/AX750/AX650 Individually Sleeved Modular Cables — Red         (Not Purchased)

I may change the GPU to either the upcoming ROG 770 or the 780, and I was wondering if it is worth to get the 760i instead of the 760? I would like my build to be a red and black theme. I am open to any suggestions or thoughts. Thank You.

-The Robot

asus/msi 770 is red/black

dont buy the rog stuff its so overpriced

I will be starting my build in the upcoming weeks, but before I started I wanted to see what fellow tech enthusiasts think. I want to build a system for light to medium gaming and video editing. I have around a $1500 budget not including any peripherals or operating systems.

Build Hardware:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150                                                                                                (Not Purchased)
  • CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i                                                                                                                       (Purchased $89.99)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO                                                                                       (Not Purchased)
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIKER-GTX760-P-4GD5                                                                                              (Not Purchased)
  • CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black)                                                                                                                (Not Purchased)
  • MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz                                     (Purchased $146.99)
  • HDD: WD Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal                                                                        (Purchased $69.99)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 2.5-inch SATA 120GB                                                                                            (Purchased $74.99)
  • PSU: Corsair AX760 ATX Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum                                                                              (Not Purchased)
  • PSU CABLES: Professional Series AX850/AX750/AX650 Individually Sleeved Modular Cables — Red         (Not Purchased)

I may change the GPU to either the upcoming ROG 770 or the 780, and I was wondering if it is worth to get the 760i instead of the 760? I would like my build to be a red and black theme. I am open to any suggestions or thoughts. Thank You.

For the love of all things sweet in the world, get the Enthoo Pro.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

For the love of all things sweet in the world, get the Enthoo Pro.

Please refrain from forcing your personal opinion upon others.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Please refrain from forcing your personal opinion upon others.

Obviously you didn't realise I was trying to be humorous, maybe you should try lighten up. The Phantom is a good case but personally I believe the Pro is better. If the OP continues to go with his choice in case he could always go with the NZXT Phantom 530 Red to fit in with his red/black build if he wanted to. Just my look on things.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

*snip*

Try looking at the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 or 7. Don't buy a ROG gpu, get a msi or asus that is not ROG. Also try looking at the AMD side for price-performance

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

<snippity>

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $89.99) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (Purchased For $146.99) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $74.99) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($459.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1551.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-10 23:34 EDT-0400

Went with MSI because $$$, also squeezed in a 780 while going slightly over budget. Feel free to drop to a 770 (non-ROG) if you want to keep it strictly under budget. Also went with a 450D because $$$, but again if you want to change it back you can.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

• 1 month later...