OC 8350 need some advice.

I would like to get my processor (FX-8350) to 4.8 - 5GHz. Its at a stable at 4.2Ghz with out over overvolting. I have never overvolted before and don't want to fry my processor. I have a general idea on how to do it. Bumping up the clock and overvolting till its stable. But just in case any tips on how I should go about doing this?

To get to 4.8 your going to need to do some overvolting, now a few things to consider

1. The sweet spot for the 8350 seems to be 4.6ghz thats where its most stable and has the best performance.

2. Increase the settings slowly, dont make any huge jumps, the process needs patience.

3. Run stress tests, which ones are up to you, linus has a few videos with his favorite programs id trust him with knowing which ones are good.

4. Research your motherboard and ram as much as you can, overclocking the front side bus, voltages etc are dependent on what hardware you have.

Also posting your exact specs might help you out, someone on this forum probably has the same components and can give you some better insight.

Good luck

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Do you have a good cooler....
Corsair Hydro Series H70

Motherboard:---Gigabyte GA-97A-UD3 AM3

RAM:--------------Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz

a side note to that is to keep in mind a good oc is around 200mhz - 400mhz but these bulldozer oc like crazy i have my 8320 at 4.2 (orignanly 3.5, 700mhz oc ) but i was able to get it all the way to 4.6 (slight stability issues) and 4.5 (stable but kinda hot so i dropped it to 4.2)

side note number 2: im ussing a h100 custom water cool see my video if your interested ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f1TWRKztNV8

Very nice PC. Thank you very much for your advice!