My take on how to kill your console

Part 1 - Components:

Part 2 - De-lidding and re-lidding:

Just my 2 cents. Let me know what you guys think.

also you can get a better performing pc for the money IMO 

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.49 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($57.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($71.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB Dual-X Video Card  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($37.25 @ Amazon) 
Total: $472.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-09 19:01 EDT-0400
(Not trying to be a dick here just letting you know)

Life.exe is missing

I literally killed my Xbox 360 when I threw it out a window

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

You mean your video?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Such a hostile environment. I literally don't care if I get any subscribers or not. I'm not a youtube partner and I don't have any ads on my channel. Thank you guys.

Like I said, it's my take and I really believe it is the best value for money you can get right now. Couldn't care less about views.

Such a hostile environment. I literally don't care if I get any subscribers or not. I'm not a youtube partner and I don't have any ads on my channel. Thank you guys.

Like I said, it's my take and I really believe it is the best value for money you can get right now. Couldn't care less about views.

Ignore the penises, backseat moderating is against the CoC and they are all ignoring it.

It's not that they want to be hostile, well some of them at least. 

It's just members are quick to point out CoC rules. It is something new members are suppose to read anyway. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

There's a great many members here who aren't hostile. I think some of the previous repliers aren't hostile, it just comes across as hostile. It's just that posting your own video is against CoC. It's a blanket rule for a reason.

But I do completely understand what you're saying though. 

It's just that I posted this video on a couple of other forums and they all welcomed it and liked my angle. I understand now though that it is against CoC.

Wow you're so cool breaking the rules telling us that we are breaking the rules.

It is not reprimanding but just letting him know. Not like were calling him an idiot.

He requested critique and isn't advertising IMHO, that's why I'm sticking up for him, people are diving on a new user like vultures and there is no justification.

Askew, on 09 Aug 2014 - 7:16 PM, said:

He requested critique and isn't advertising IMHO, that's why I'm sticking up for him, people are diving on a new user like vultures and there is no justification.

Thank you for understanding the situation. You seem like a well rounded guy.

Thank you for understanding the situation. You seem like a well rounded guy.

He's one of the most active members on the dam forum haha

Reliable guy

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

MyInnerFred, on 09 Aug 2014 - 7:21 PM, said:

He's one of the most active members on the dam forum haha

Reliable guy

:)

OK so sorry I got sidetracked being a backseat moderator and a hypocrite, I'm about to eat, afterward I will watch the video and write my thoughts.

Askew, on 09 Aug 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:

OK so sorry I got sidetracked being a backseat moderator and a hypocrite, I'm about to eat, afterward I will watch the video and write my thoughts.

It's all I ever wanted.

I applaud you for making a video with information on why console games should take a close look at PC gaming, however I'll admit I do get bored looking at one thing through the whole video.  

I've always had 1 issue with the whole "Save money by switching to buying steam games." Not saying that games on PC arent cheaper, or more convient, or that console people shouldnt join the PC community. Im just pointing out that the majority of people don't actually "save" their money for other things when buying games. During any of the steam sales I set a budget and I buy with whimsical abandon until I hit that budget. I have the same budget if I buy console games. You just get more for you money. You dont actually save any money.

Another thing I find lacking in a lot of these "Kill your console" videos that I think is surprisingly overlooked is an actual controller. If you're switching immediately from console to PC gaming, a mouse and keyboard may be weird, and there are just flat out some games that play better with a controller such as platformers and some action games. 

MyInnerFred, on 09 Aug 2014 - 7:35 PM, said:

I applaud you for making a video with information on why console games should take a close look at PC gaming, however I'll admit I do get bored looking at one thing through the whole video.  

I'll get some footage from my ferrets next time and have it be a bit more entertaining :P.

To all of those whose posts have been hidden regarding this being against the code of conduct ect ect, just report it and move on - let the staff here be the judge of that. As for this particular instance, we see no issue.

Windspeed36, on 09 Aug 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

To all of those whose posts have been hidden regarding this being against the code of conduct ect ect, just report it and move on - let the staff here be the judge of that. As for this particular instance, we see no issue.

Thank you.

Well, part 2 is up folks. In this one I show you how to de-lid the processor and drop the temperatures by a massive amount. It's a bit risky but well worth it in my opinion. If you've got any questions, let me know.