Sony Announces FS700 4k add on

igotsnomoney

Awesome! Now Linus can film in 4k finally...that would be awesome.

I don't know if he had plans to get this or not though.

Awesome! Now Linus can film in 4k finally...that would be awesome.

I don't know if he had plans to get this or not though.

Sure, he can film in 4k. But since video sharing/streaming sites like twitch and youtube do not support uploaded videos in 4k resolution, buying this would be pointless.

Also, 4k videos in Adobe Flash? No thank you.

Sure, he can film in 4k. But since video sharing/streaming sites like twitch and youtube do not support uploaded videos in 4k resolution, buying this would be pointless.

YouTube has 4K videos.

YouTube has 4K videos.

yup, under quality choose "original size (or format i cant remember)"

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

YouTube has 4K videos.

yup, under quality choose "original size (or format i cant remember)"

Correct, YouTube allows you to upload videos in 4k but it does not stream in 4k. It'll just stream the video in 2k instead.

But 2k is beter than 1080p i think.

AMD Athlon 2 X2 255 3.1Ghz | 2Gb DDR3 | MSI 770-C45 | GigaByte GT220 512Mb | Noname ATX case and PSU | Noname Optical drive | Acer X203H (broken) | Asus VW193D-B (for now)

Nexus 4 16Gb Black

Youtube will probably need to expand their servers later in order to support the file sizes of 4k video. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

YouTube has 4k videos, whether or not they're streamed in 4k is another question. With they're new codec or H.265 we might see 4k being streamed though...

Also you can join the HTML 5 trial. 

YouTube has 4k videos, whether or not they're streamed in 4k is another question. With they're new codec or H.265 we might see 4k being streamed though...

Also you can join the HTML 5 trial. 

No, YouTube does not have 4k videos. And yes, I already know about the HTML5 beta. They've been doing that since HTML5 was being built into modern browsers.

No, YouTube does not have 4k videos. And yes, I already know about the HTML5 beta. They've been doing that since HTML5 was being built into modern browsers.

Yes they do. YouTube has supported 4k videos since 2010. Here is a playlist of 4k films on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5BF9E09ECEC8F88F

Yes they do. YouTube has supported 4k videos since 2010. Here is a playlist of 4k films on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5BF9E09ECEC8F88F

The other day I searched for a video on YouTube that was supposed to be 4k but instead it was just 2k when looking at the video info. The link you posted does lead to truly 4k videos, so I it seems I'm wrong.

Yeah they're definitely 4K, not that I can see any difference on a 1080p display but YouTube Options is allowing me to download in 3072p... you don't see that every day xD.

The other day i searched for a video on YouTube that was supposed to be 4k but instead it was just 2k when looking at the video info. They link you posted does lead to truly 4k videos, so I it seems I'm wrong.

It's okay. Everyone make mistakes...like stating a video is 4k when it's actually 2k...that's their fault.

Linus could at least post the 4K videos here for us to see if we really want to see them. 

Linus  will probably not shoot at 4k anyways, or at least not yet. I mean what's the point? He's gonna get the NEX-IFR5 add-on for $2,500 plus $5,350 for the AXS-R5 recorder. After spending another 8 grand, what will he gain? Almost no one in his audience has a 4k display, Linus himself doesn't have one as far as we know. There's no point, no one can view it in that resolution anyway.