About TechQuickie videos

Marvzl1357

Hullo,

Do you reckon it would be worthwhile putting TechQuickie videos into the Linus' videos, news, and ramblings section?

Personally I would say it would be pretty handy.

Yes or no?

unless the reason Techquickie isn't added is because of specific reasons that we don't know of...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Yeah would be good. People could ask questions about the video if they didnt understand something.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

He probably avoided it because they aren't really that open for discussion, it's just a statement of facts about a given topic.

IIRC you cannot merge accounts and the techquickie is already up and running.

He probably avoided it because they aren't really that open for discussion, it's just a statement of facts about a given topic.

but still, if there's questions, then rather than getting tangled and lost in the youtube comments, you could come here to clarify things, I think that is much better

IIRC you cannot merge accounts and the techquickie is already up and running.

no not about merging accounts, but like just @nicklmg posting saying that "hey this is the newest techquickie vid, check it out and ask any questions on the forum" or something like that

but still, if there's questions, then rather than getting tangled and lost in the youtube comments, you could come here to clarify things, I think that is much better

I think that because it's openly available information you'd be better off starting a thread about it in the relevant subforum of the main forum.

If you post questions in a dedicated TechQuickie thread, then either Linus has to answer them personally or you are at the mercy of whoever else knowledgable on that subject happens to see it, the wider forum is immune from this problem because everyone can see it and potentially get it answered quicker.

I think that because it's openly available information you'd be better off starting a thread about it in the relevant subforum of the main forum.

If you post questions in a dedicated TechQuickie thread, then either Linus has to answer them personally or you are at the mercy of whoever else knowledgable on that subject happens to see it, the wider forum is immune from this problem because everyone can see it and potentially get it answered quicker.

hmm...I didn't think of it that way, but I suppose that's one of the many uses of the forums isn't it :P