High cpu temps

I usually get temps between 80 and 87 degrees when gaming heavily for a year now. Did this affect the lifespan of my cpu? I currently have a stock intel cooler and am getting a new cooler master 212 evo tomorrow.

Yeah thats quite high, is it at stock speed? Maybe its not seated properly, the evo should make a difference. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I did not overclock, I just get those temps from gaming.

This might have impacted the lifespan, but no one cares since CPU's last atleast 10 years before dying if you haven't overvolted it. And these temps are high but are possible since this proccesor (and all other Haswell's I assume) have crappy TIM between the Integrated Heat Spreader and the processing core.

The new cooler will help quite a lot in decreasing the temps though, since the stock cooler is terrible in my opinion.

Unless you want to go extreme and delid your CPU. Which I don't recommend because you might crack the core and kill your expensive processor.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

Yeah adding aftermarket cooler should help. But you should also check other factors. Keep in mind that air cooling can only be of help if there's sufficient intake of fresh air. Otherwise, it will only recycle the warmer air radiated by your CPU and other components inside your computer case and will heat up your CPU, no matter what heatsink you put into it.

Also, you might wanna check your CPU voltages. I understand that you are not overclocking your CPU. But there are cases that, depending on your CPU and CHIPSET combination, voltages are set to higher than what's really needed even when you're set to AUTO. A BIOS update can help with this scenario, or simply finding out the stock voltage your CPU can run into and manually set your voltage to that. 

I usually get temps between 80 and 87 degrees when gaming heavily for a year now. Did this affect the lifespan of my cpu? I currently have a stock intel cooler and am getting a new cooler master 212 evo tomorrow.

These 2 are great Intel Cooling Heatsinks, The Spire Thermax Eclipse II and The Noctua NH-C14.

Stock speeds and stock cooler are fine together. Also temps don't affect CPU lifespan unless they are extremely high at 95+C. High voltages do more harm more quickly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It wouldn't affect it at all. I have a 7 year old processor running in my parents desktop that consistently gets so hot the fail safes have to auto-off the system and it's still not dead.

The only time heat should effect a processor is if you light it on fire. Literally.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

As previously stated, voltage will kill your CPU faster than heat (not saying heat is not a factor) as the built in thermal protection will shut your PC down before things get "monkey f***king a football" crazy....check your airflow in your case.  Remember that your GPU is dumping heat, as well as all other components.  Those intakes are needed to supply your CPU/GPU with fresh air.......good luck with the Hyper 212, good cooler at a good price :)

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."