Any tips for writing my resume? Sales in a tech retailer

Eyal

I don't have any experience, and I'm not sure what I should write, how much should I write.. It's a lot easier to do it in person, but I need to send an attractive resume first.. How do I start? Any important bullet points?

I really suck at these type of things..

lie your as off and then hope for the best :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

oh god no, you can get sued, fired and you won't be able to get another job if you get caught

Thought so.. Even if not, I don't like to lie..

oh god no, you can get sued, fired and you won't be able to get another job if you get caught

not that you had education or had other jobs before, but lies such as how interested you are, and your private experiences and such, never make lies you cant "prove"

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Should I include my hobbies? My past at FRC (highscooler's robotics competition)? Volunteering at a school as a math teacher? The fact that I go to tech forums like this one?

Should I include my hobbies? My past at FRC (highscooler's robotics competition)? Volunteering at a school as a math teacher? The fact that I go to tech forums like this one?

Read the link I posted, it will help.

I use to work at a tech retailer. Bring all the basic stuff like identification, and whatnot. If you have certifications in anything bring those too, a CompTIA A+ cert will help lots. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Read the link I posted, it will help.

It does.. I don't know where to start.

I use to work at a tech retailer. Bring all the basic stuff like identification, and whatnot. If you have certifications in anything bring those too, a CompTIA A+ cert will help lots. 

Hmm, sadly I don't have these.. Would any of the things I mentioned help? I mean FRC is the most teamwork intesive thing I ever did, and volunteering as a teacher might show that I'm good with people, I don't know..

Should I mention I visit the site pcpartpicker very often? forums? r/pcmasterrace ? Tech news sites? ANADNTECH? do they matter?

Also, how do I tell them about my skills and knowledge without making it sound cocky and showoff?

Hmm, sadly I don't have these.. Would any of the things I mentioned help? I mean FRC is the most teamwork intesive thing I ever did, and volunteering as a teacher might show that I'm good with people, I don't know..

Should I mention I visit the site pcpartpicker very often? forums? r/pcmasterrace ? Tech news sites? ANADNTECH? do they matter?

Also, how do I tell them about my skills and knowledge without making it sound cocky and showoff?

Mention everything. 

To not sound cocky simply state your a tech enthusiast who knows a lot, however you don't know everything. "I don't know everything, I just know what I know."

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Here's another one, if it helps. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/DcFS7CR

Mention everything. 

To not sound cocky simply state your a tech enthusiast who knows a lot, however you don't know everything. "I don't know everything, I just know what I know."

Ok, thanks.. I'm trying to think of a way to present a story of a few of my friends that wanted to buy an xbox/playstation and I explained them how they should go with PC in a non aggressive matter and got them to buy a PC instead.. How detailed should I put these stories? I did that multiple times..

Ok, thanks.. I'm trying to think of a way to present a story of a few of my friends that wanted to buy an xbox/playstation and I explained them how they should go with PC in a non aggressive matter and got them to buy a PC instead.. How detailed should I put these stories? I did that multiple times..

Don't bother with biased stories like those. Show that you have a appreciation for all tech. 

That you enjoy all platforms and know the pros and cons to all. 

Don't bother with biased stories like those. Show that you have a appreciation for all tech. 

That you enjoy all platforms and know the pros and cons to all. 

even when this store is primarily PC parts store? the people there don't even mention consoles, they have it in their inventory, but they don't seem particularly fond of them..

even when this store is primarily PC parts store? the people there don't even mention consoles, they have it in their inventory, but they don't seem particularly fond of them..

Oh if that's the case then go for it! 

Oh if that's the case then go for it! 

Should I mention I'm a long time customer and that I bought from them the parts for last 4 PCs I build this year..

Should I mention I'm a long time customer and that I bought from them the parts for last 4 PCs I build this year..

Sure why not

Here is a quick (and bad) translation of my resume (alpha) to english

I hope I won't screw it up..

I will format it as PDF..

I'm trying to balance it..

Name: Eyal ***

ID: *******

email address: ******@gmail.com

phone: *******

position: sales

Hello, My name is Eyal ****. *** highschool graduate . I would like to work in KSP sales role. I have knowledge in technology (the kind of person you can talk to for hours about many fields in technology, gaming, computers, and some comic books). I Like to help and give advices to people at technology in general and computers in particular. I'm also a regular customer, the last 4 computers I bought was in KSP. I participated in the project FRC (Robotics Competition Teams high school students, very intense and fun), I volunteered at the Democratic School *** at *** city as a math teacher. I regularly help people choose what to buy (CPU, video card, how much memory ..) and convincing people to buy a gaming PC instead of consoles, even people I know personally and to strangers online. I used to visit many sites in the fields of computers, smartphones and Technology .. sites like: anandtech, arstechnica, techpowerup, pcpartpicker, overclock3d, teksyndicate, linustechtips, GPUboss.

Thank you for your consideration.

I sent the resume.. Wish me luck..  :unsure: