Can I get Windows off my laptop to use in a new Pc build

Mushroom2013
Go to solution Solved by silentmelodies,

No guys, i think he wants to transfer his whole Windows to his PC.

First of all, your new pc must be the same CPU architecture as your Laptop. So if the Laptop is AMD, the PC must be AMD. So for Intel.

Install your Hard Drive from your laptop into the PC. And try to boot. If it bluescreens, your out of luck - fresh install. If it doesnt,

Clone the partition from your laptop hard drive onto the PC's hard drive with EaseUS. So, the partition from your laptops hard drive is the same as on the PC's hard drive. Boot it up from the PC hardrive, and downlaod MiniTool Partition Manager, and extend the partition to the full PC hard drive if it is larger. If it is smaller, EaseUS will tell you.

Download 3DP Net and install Wifi/Ethernet drivers. Then, go on and download 3DP Chip, and update your CPU and Motherboard drivers. Reboot.
Use 3DP again to update GPU and Sound drivers. Update other drivers as optional and, there you go. Your laptop Windows 7 on your new PC.

At the moment I am in the process of planning my first gaming PC build, and wondering if i can get windows 7 off my old laptop to save money so I can get better hardware. Any suggestions?

Might not work. Prebuilt keys are bound to mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

No guys, i think he wants to transfer his whole Windows to his PC.

First of all, your new pc must be the same CPU architecture as your Laptop. So if the Laptop is AMD, the PC must be AMD. So for Intel.

Install your Hard Drive from your laptop into the PC. And try to boot. If it bluescreens, your out of luck - fresh install. If it doesnt,

Clone the partition from your laptop hard drive onto the PC's hard drive with EaseUS. So, the partition from your laptops hard drive is the same as on the PC's hard drive. Boot it up from the PC hardrive, and downlaod MiniTool Partition Manager, and extend the partition to the full PC hard drive if it is larger. If it is smaller, EaseUS will tell you.

Download 3DP Net and install Wifi/Ethernet drivers. Then, go on and download 3DP Chip, and update your CPU and Motherboard drivers. Reboot.
Use 3DP again to update GPU and Sound drivers. Update other drivers as optional and, there you go. Your laptop Windows 7 on your new PC.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64