Anyone here own a Lenova Thinkpad Yoga. Need some opinons on this laptop

Hey guys I'm getting this laptop for educational and business purposes. I would like to know if this laptop is any good or if I should buy another one.

Specs

CPU: i5-4200U

GPU: Intel HD 4400

RAM: 8GB

STORAGE: 256GB SSD

P.S: I might do some light gaming such as Toribash, Minecraft and Toribash

My friend has that laptop.  The Yoga 2 Pro right?

It will play those games pretty good

I like the back lit keyboard and how light it is

Also.. it has like a... soft touch? finish on it

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Haha cool thanks. Would you also happen to know if it is heavy. I wouldn't want to carry a huge laptop on a hot day.

My friend has that laptop.  The Yoga 2 Pro right?

It will play those games pretty good

I like the back lit keyboard and how light it is

Also.. it has like a... soft touch? finish on it

Haha cool thanks. Would you also happen to know if it is heavy. I wouldn't want to carry a huge laptop on a hot day.

If we're talking about the Yoga 2 Pro, it's about 3 pounds, which is about what the mac book air weighs (Eww gross)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

The yoga 2 and thinkpad yoga is an entirely different product. The thinkpad offers better connectivity, a wacom pen and a keyboard that hides whenever you use the tablet mode. Fuxking awesome

If I see any laptop with "i5" I always think 'well if there's an i7 available get it'

This is because laptop i5 is not the same as desktop i5 it has only two cores and hyperthereding so performance is worse than desktop i3 due to clock speed decreases.

So get the i7 if you can other than that it's an ok laptop

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

• 1 month later...

you mean like this one?  Thinkpad S1 Yoga.  I got the same specs i5 4200u / 8GB.  This is for my nephew in college.

Swapped the HDD for the new Samsung 850 pro.  

IMG_20140909_234854.jpg

Quick rundown:

• Balance weight distribution.
  • Solid (doesn't flex even holding at the corner)  
  • The Matt Touch screen and bezels is a plus.  
  • The keyboard flattens out when in tablet mode.  
  • The touchpad physical "click" is an improvement over the last models. It's more like a big space bar with travel and a tad bit more resistance than a hard "snap" click.  
  • The keyboard is also an improvement over a last gen "island".  It's solid (as in it doesn't wiggle, or "sound hollow" when typing. As an old school thinkpad keyboard lover, this a still not "perfect" but still the best since the new island keys.  
  • Pen is useful (pressure sensitive), but design could be better (maybe an aftermarket one might work).  
  • Speakers, are adequate.
  • rotation detection is responsive (not buggy or laggy).
  • I'm still testing out the sleep/battery drain, but my experience with the 4th gen chips, I expect under 10% / day. 
  • Hibernation resume is fast... half a turn of the windows boot.  (might be because of the 850 pro , compared to the 850 EVO I had in a XPS 12).
  • anything else?

This is compared to the DELL XPS I had , but sold.  The XPS 12 was an awesome laptop that would be a keeper too (it was and i7/8GB).  Oh yeah... will miss that awesome woven carbon fibre top and bottom.  I think the best feeling surface of all laptops.  Grippy and decently fingerprint resistant. 

IMG_20140710_214402.jpg

My Rigs (past and present)

If I see any laptop with "i5" I always think 'well if there's an i7 available get it'

This is because laptop i5 is not the same as desktop i5 it has only two cores and hyperthereding so performance is worse than desktop i3 due to clock speed decreases.

So get the i7 if you can other than that it's an ok laptop

I agree with getting an i7 version. The more the marrier :). I just found THIS

However the i7 version is also 2 core 4 threads.

i5-4200U: 

Clock Speed 1.6 GHz Max Turbo Frequency 2.6 GHz Intel® Smart Cache 3 MB

Recommended Customer Price TRAY: $281.00

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1 GHz

i7-4500U:

Clock Speed 1.8 GHz Max Turbo Frequency 3 GHz Intel® Smart Cache 4 MB

Recommended Customer Price TRAY: $393.00

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.1 GHz

I only listed the differences. Everything else is the same. Not much difference actually, I dont know why there is such a big difference in price.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850