Lenovo G50 Review

1823alex

Just got a nice new laptop the Lenovo G50 It was on sale at TigerDirect for $400 normally MSRP is $520. The specs of the one I bought are as follows:

Specs

AMD A8

6gb DDR3 Ran

1tb HDD

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Light Gaming

I tried 2 games so far Hearthstone and Minecraft

I played Hearthstone on low and dipped to around 30 fps and was as high as 60 fps. I played this on Medium settings.

I also played MInecraft on 12 chunks, unlimited fps, and VSync off. It was easily playable I got around 40 fps or so. It was easily playable and I didn't experience any large lag spikes.

Overall Tasks

I'm a Chrome type of person so I installed Chrome and it works great I generally have a lot of tabs open (around 2-8 or more at a time). This is where that 6gb of ram really kicks in and helps.

Hardware (Speakers, Screen, Keyboard, TouchPad)

First off the speakers, Lenovo advertises Dolby Digital Plus audio, the speakers sound great in my opinion.

Next the Screen, looks good, not super awesome but good enough to look nice and there isn't anything annoying like pixelation and stuff.

Onto the keyboard I use a Razer Blackwidow 2013 edition as of now. The keyboard isn't backlit but typing on it is nice. Very comfortable to type on though. The one problem is that that when you type part of your hand hits the touchpad and moves the cursor or randomly moves where you typing in a document however your mileage may vary.

The bottom line

It's a great laptop with very few problems. I love it fast no issues so far. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

that ram must be fast for it to be 6 gb of ddr3 ran......good review tho should add in some pictures of it tho make it look more professional.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.