Laptop Or Ultrabook

Niccom

What is the best ultrabook for gaming? If their isn't one, what is the best one in general?

Also best Laptop for gaming. Not looking for something that plays everything on ultra. I have a nice desktop for that. I want something I can play games on while I travel, at school, etc. Same thing for the ultrabook.

Chances are it'll come down between portability of the ultrabook vs the power of the regular laptop. I don't really want anything that bulky for the laptop however.

I've tried searching and there are so many choices I just don't know what to choose from. I'd prefer ~$1500 or lower.

Ultrabooks are terrible for gaming, and "best" is subjective. Give me a budget and I'll have something to work with. The best gaming laptop on the market is the razer blade 14, but it's VERY expensive. Also, I don't recommend ultrabooks, they tend to be too expensive for their performance and after all a normal laptop isn't THAT much bulkier. I can hold a 15" laptop under my arm almost indefinitely, it's just not so heavy to be a real problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ultrabooks are terrible for gaming, and "best" is subjective. Give me a budget and I'll have something to work with. The best gaming laptop on the market is the razer blade 14, but it's VERY expensive. Also, I don't recommend ultrabooks, they tend to be too expensive for their performance and after all a normal laptop isn't THAT much bulkier. I can hold a 15" laptop under my arm almost indefinitely, it's just not so heavy to be a real problem.

At the end of my post I said ~$1500

What is the best ultrabook for gaming? If their isn't one, what is the best one in general?

Also best Laptop for gaming. Not looking for something that plays everything on ultra. I have a nice desktop for that. I want something I can play games on while I travel, at school, etc. Same thing for the ultrabook.

Chances are it'll come down between portability of the ultrabook vs the power of the regular laptop. I don't really want anything that bulky for the laptop however.

I've tried searching and there are so many choices I just don't know what to choose from. I'd prefer ~1500 or lower.

No ultrabook is great for gaming, performance is quite low due to only having a cpu, no discrete gpu due to the physical form factor. What you should look for is multi-media oriented & otherwise gaming notebooks. Take a look at the Lenovo Y40/50. Msi ghost, asus etc.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

At the end of my post I said ~$1500

oh sorry I hadn't noticed. Then check out the asus g550jk.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*