Intel VT-d

Go to solution Solved by legopc,

direct i/o is so you can allocate complete acutal components to a virtual computers like for example when you have 4 gpus you can give 3 vm's actual gpus to game on or give it an entire usb controller 

Hi.

So I have seen a feature called VT-x for directed I/O on some Intel CPUs. What exactly is it? Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

direct i/o is so you can allocate complete acutal components to a virtual computers like for example when you have 4 gpus you can give 3 vm's actual gpus to game on or give it an entire usb controller 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

So if I had a GTX660, my VM would see that as a 660 and GeForce Experience would install?

So if I had a GTX660, my VM would see that as a 660 and GeForce Experience would install?

technicly yes but you would also need a gpu for the actual host to use and you have to run a hypervisor 

-Adolf Hitler 

technicly yes but you would also need a gpu for the actual host to use and you have to run a hypervisor

Okay, thanks.

Okay, thanks.

if you are going to be tinkering around with it notify me i would love to hear about the result 

-Adolf Hitler 

if you are going to be tinkering around with it notify me i would love to hear about the result

I have 2 i3-550s which have VT-d but I don't really run VMs on them (not enough RAM). I use my laptop with an AMD A8-4500M.