1440p ips vs tin

nerdy14

hi

i am looking for a 1440p monitor but what would be the diffence between ips and tin at 1440p

I assume you mean TN?

TN will have faster response times, but it's pretty lousy for professional work due to the bad colour reproduction and they have pretty limited viewing angles.

IPS will have slightly slower response times, but great colours and great viewing angles.

I'd go with a nice IPS panel.

Edited by BonBon Scott

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

ASUS PB278Q ( PLS ) if you want to pay more or korean monitors like the X-star 27" if you want over 90hz monitor for gaming.

I assume you mean TN?

TN will have faster response times, but it's also pretty lousy for gaming due to the bad colour reproduction and they have pretty limited viewing angles.

IPS will have slightly slower response times, but great colours and great viewing angles.

Technically TN is better for gaming bad for professional work.

Technically TN is better for gaming bad for professional work.

Yeah, I suppose it depends on one's personal preferences.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I assume you mean TN?

TN will have faster response times, but it's pretty lousy for professional work due to the bad colour reproduction and they have pretty limited viewing angles.

this is the correct answer... But i wonder what is better for gaming

this is the correct answer... But i wonder what is better for gaming

Technically it's TN, as @GingerbreadPK correctly pointed out, because of it's faster response times, although that's only a very significant issue with professional gaming.

TN is better for gaming since they're faster.

Unless you can't stand bad color.

I cant...

IPS may have better colours then most TN but don't take everyone's word for it, especially on linustechtips, because I have a Samsung s27A950D which is 120hz 1080p 2ms and has as good colours as most high end IPS monitors.

With ips and TN its not always colours be accurate but also the uniformity of those colours.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Can the average person even tell the difference between the colors? It's not like it turns into a 16bit looking color screen. 

Once you go IPS you can't go back...

But it's a difference that you only really notice after you have to use a TN panel again.

Once you go IPS you can't go back...

But it's a difference that you only really notice after you have to use a TN panel again.

Well I can easily go back to TN, you can get TN monitors that have as good colours as any non professional IPS monitors, for example the Samsung S27A950D put side by side with a ASUS PB278Q you will not see a difference in colour, and the Samsung is a TN 120hz 1080p and 2ms response time.

Response time is better on TN. Color reproduction is better on IPS, despite the improvements made in recent TN panels.

I'd go IPS, (Then again, I've neve seen many 1440p TN monitors to begin with) though TN 120HZ or higher montors are also a joy to use, as I've heard from numerous users.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Tin?

a1.jpg

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Can the average person even tell the difference between the colors? It's not like it turns into a 16bit looking color screen.

yes with a side by side comparison to a cheap Tn there is difference.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

tin

Sorry but that was hilarious. Well, TN is cheaper but after going to IPS I can't go back