APU and Ram

I've been researching a bit about APU's because I'm not sure if I want an APU or a discrete graphics card yet due to this build being a budget build. The on thing that confuses me the most though is how the CPU and the IGPU will use the same memory(something like that), and I've heard that more RAM will make the IGPU better. Is this true?

Faster RAM will make it better more than having more ram.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

@CloakedHalo

welcome to the Linus Tech tips forums!

more RAM? i think you mean more RAM speed would benefit the APU. right now

for budgeting, they are a good buy. but would deffo depend on your needs and

ses. web crawling, light applications and studious gaming it is fine. but looking for

best FPS in top viewable options, nope, not going to happen.

Ok I was confused there because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they shared RAM or something like that. Probably just read it wrong, thank you.

I've been researching a bit about APU's because I'm not sure if I want an APU or a discrete graphics card yet due to this build being a budget build. The on thing that confuses me the most though is how the CPU and the IGPU will use the same memory(something like that), and I've heard that more RAM will make the IGPU better. Is this true?

Yes if using an APU use 8GB of Ram maybe 16 and make sure to get the fastest Ram you can...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Yes if using an APU use 8GB of Ram maybe 16 and make sure to get the fastest Ram you can...

16 is way too much for a budget build 

i would get 2x4 fast ram sticks and give 2gb to igpu 

16 is way too much for a budget build 

i would get 2x4 fast ram sticks and give 2gb to igpu 

I did say maybe D: 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas