NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880 certified?

Knight's Landing takes the Xeon Phi and puts it on a socketable chip to eliminate overhead.

Sounds like it wants to compete with IBM PP8 chip :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Sounds like it wants to compete with IBM PP8 chip :)

It's a multi-bird, one-stone idea. Intel is preparing to go toe to toe with the big graphics card people too. Xeon Phi supports OpenCL. All they have to do is a little conversion work and you have a 200 intel-core GPU chip on a socket. 20 more years all Nvidia will have left will be the highest-end cards, and that won't keep the company afloat. Maybe if Tegra takes off they'll survive. With HSA AMD might survive another 20 years, though Intel is right on their heels in terms of making heterogeneous chips.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It's a multi-bird, one-stone idea. Intel is preparing to go toe to toe with the big graphics card people too. Xeon Phi supports OpenCL. All they have to do is a little conversion work and you have a 200 intel-core GPU chip on a socket. 20 more years all Nvidia will have left will be the highest-end cards, and that won't keep the company afloat. Maybe if Tegra takes off they'll survive. With HSA AMD might survive another 20 years, though Intel is right on their heels in terms of making heterogeneous chips.

Intel will drive Nvidia out of the macbook deal by skylake too i'm guessing xD.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit