Swiftech H220 alternative?

Hello everrrrybody!

Long time lurker, first time poster :3

I recently fiddled with my Corsair H80 cooler and broke it, so I am in need of a new cooling system.

I wanted to get the H220 from Swiftech, but it seems to be out of stock EVERYWHERE, and since I'm a little desperate (running on a stock Intel cooler at the moment), I need a good alternative.

Does anybody have any recommendations for an alternative?

It should be said that I don't feel at all comfortable putting together my own system, which is why I am going for an AIO solution, and my case is a bit too narrow for fitting one of those nice air-coolers (Noctua or Thermaltake).

Thanks in advance. :>

I guess I would suggest the thermaltake water 2.0 extreme or corsair h100i. Neither are as good as h220 but will do exactly what you need more than enough.

Also, if looking to save cash, you look for the older h100 - I know places are selling that on sale now and can usually get a good buy on it...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ah, the H100 and H100i are the same price here, it seems.

I really wanted the H220, too :<

It's like Swiftech's factories stopped producing them all secret-like! :/

Or maybe the demand is just insane.

It's like Swiftech's factories stopped producing them all secret-like! :/

Or maybe the demand is just insane.

Both of these. ;)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

i like my Tt xtreme 2.0 on my test bench. if you have the roof room in the case

it is a viable candidate. the stock fans are tolerable, but a change-out later can

help even more. i still like the H100 (non-i) with less fangle and more direct

fan support from the PSU. getting the right fan and voltage to set-it and forget-it.

jacking them up and down usually leads to more cost and less thrill.

to look at it, the 240 coolers are 13­° better in temperatures than your old H80.

burrrrrr!

airdeano

I would try to wait for them to get back in stock. 

If you absolutely can't wait then get a Thermaltake Water 2.0 extreme it's the second best performing 240mm clc.

In what country do you live? in the netherlands its sinds today back in stock.

http://www.highflow.nl/watercooling-sets/cpu-sets/swiftech-h220-all-in-one-cpu-cooler.html

Have you heard of the coolermaster eisberg? the 240L prestige is a closed loop system thad can be expanded like the h220 exept that the eisberg uses normal g1/4 threads 

Q

I've heard that a student can say anything he/she wants

Have you heard of the coolermaster eisberg? the 240L prestige is a closed loop system thad can be expanded like the h220 exept that the eisberg uses normal g1/4 threads 

Wow this looks much better than the H220 already because of the G1/4 threads. You can actually use parts of it like normal water-cooling parts.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

hold on ghosty.. using alphacool radiator and DC-LT pump (noisey) that they've been having "issues" with

from early february. it was going to be the bomb before swiftech dropped in with the H220. but with whoas

from cooler master and support, it has been set back and set back.. i like it, but not with that fidgety

DC-LT pump..

airdeano

hold on ghosty.. using alphacool radiator and DC-LT pump (noisey) that they've been having "issues" with

from early february. it was going to be the bomb before swiftech dropped in with the H220. but with whoas

from cooler master and support, it has been set back and set back.. i like it, but not with that fidgety

DC-LT pump..

More as a concept. I like the fact it has G1/4 fittings.

As all-in-one coolers expand soon we will see modular coolers with proprietary (maybe even universal [hopefully]) quick disconnects.

Its a long way to get there but this is another step towards it.

I believe Linus tested the Thermaltake 2.o Extreme to beat out the 280mm coolers, because it's thicker. Just get good fans though.

I believe Linus tested the Thermaltake 2.o Extreme to beat out the 280mm coolers, because it's thicker. Just get good fans though.

that was kinda my point in another thread, surface area can only carry it to a certain level

and then the thickness of the radiator is what can extend or be used for buffer. relying on

surface area alone is not enough to structure final solutions to.

knowing a certain solution works and trying to backwards compatible it usually semi-works,

cost more, or plain isn't correct.

airdeano