Should I bother getting a "gaming" mouse?

MattTheMayor
Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

Better quality, more features (more buttons mainly) and much better tracking. 

So yeah. Should I even bother getting a new mouse? I have a 20 dollar wireless mouse from walmart and it works just fine. I don't understand how and why the gaming mice costs so much. Can someone explain to me how and why gaming mouses are priced the way they are and tell me if I should get a new mouse or not?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Better quality, more features (buttons mainly) and much better tracking. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They have side buttons on the side which are mainly used for mmorpg games and they have a dpi switch to switch different levels of dpi.

I perform the same with a $10 mouse from STAPLES as I do an $80 mouse from Newegg. But everyone is different.

Hmm. Sounds good! Can anyone link me to any gaming mouse that's under perhaps $60 USD? I would appreciate it

I perform the same with a $10 mouse from STAPLES as I do an $80 mouse from Newegg. But everyone is different.

1000hz polling rate is so much more accurate though, but to each their own.

1000hz polling rate is so much more accurate though, but to each their own.

Don't know what that is. I just know what dpi is. :S

Don't know what that is. I just know what dpi is. :S

Essentially, polling rate sends tracking information to your pc. The higher the polling rate, the more accurate the tracking. 

Furthermore, the default usb polling rate is 125mhz which is probably what most inexpensive mice use, but I'm not certain. Can't imagine the manufacturer upping the polling rate on a $20 mouse.

Hmm. Sounds good! Can anyone link me to any gaming mouse that's under perhaps $60 USD? I would appreciate it

There's a new mice coming up very soon and its $60, Logitech G402. However its really depends size of your hand and feel on the mice. There's alot of great mice just under $60. 

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse